Author Topic: NEW DIET  (Read 16674 times)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEW DIET
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
I still haven't tried the one minute muffin - I will have to do that tomorrow!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
OMG ~ Just made the OMM w/ the ground flax and I think that one recipe is going to be enough for me to cut into 4 slices to make 2 bfast sammies out of ~ Who is the BRILLIANT person who came up with this??????????
Going to make Banana Nut Bread next!  I am HOOKED!

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »
Who is the BRILLIANT person who came up with this?

I wish I knew Kim....I'd give them a big hug!!  LOL

You are going to love the banana nut!!!!  That is my favorite aside from chocolate  ;) ;)  It's my go to when I am hungry for a cupcake......The recipe is so darn versatile  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »
I use my silicone bakeware and make bears and puppies! I pop them in a hot frying pan when I make  french toast after they come out of the microwave.Hot Dogs!! ;) ;) Keep me full all day! ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »
My memory is RoMarc came up with this :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »
The OMM is famous! It's my favorite go-to when I'm hungry and in a hurry. I love grilled cheese sandwiches - I used to make it in a 1 1/2 qt square baking dish but now I mix it then half it between two individual serving baking dishes and the thickness is just right for a sandwich.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
I can't stop playing with it!!  My favorite so far is 1/2 almond flour, 1/2 flax and add sunflower seeds & tons of cinnamon.  Toasted with peanut butter or butter & low carb jam.  Sooooo excited!  I'll give some to hubbie tonight but does anyone know if these are going to keep in the fridge okay for a few days??

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
What you do today is what matters!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »
I can't stop playing with it!!  My favorite so far is 1/2 almond flour, 1/2 flax and add sunflower seeds & tons of cinnamon.  Toasted with peanut butter or butter & low carb jam.  Sooooo excited!  I'll give some to hubbie tonight but does anyone know if these are going to keep in the fridge okay for a few days??

It IS awesome, Kim! It's my understanding that it will keep for a few days, but I've never tried it. It's so easy to make when you need it.

Thanks, Umpa and Tony - nice to know who to make well wishes to.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
They keep in the fridge Kim for a couple of days ;)

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 04:35:41 PM »
 hello its millie,

found pound cake recipe

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pound_cake.html

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
It's good to hear from you, Millie.  How are you doing?  Are you finding the foods you need?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
HiYa Millie :) How are you doing?

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »
hello again,

its millie , i was on vacation and i only gained 2 pounds, since sunday i have lost the 2 pounds, check out my pound cake

recipe and tell me what you think, this morning i ate my first OMM muffin it was great, i am not really hungry in the morning

but i have to eat something in order to take my medication, i just had slice of salami, wholly guacamole, and one crispbread cracker and i am full.

great to hear from you
god bless.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
Hi Millie, here's the recipe you linked along with my notes :)

POUND CAKE
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened (replace the regular cream cheese with Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat cream cheese to cut the carbs in half here)
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid splenda (Use FAT TO SKINNY Zero here, 48 drops)
5 eggs ( use 2 eggs and 3/4 cups of egg white substitute here to cut the carbs further)
1 teaspoon lemon or orange extract, optional
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
6 1/2 ounces almond flour (1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons) (Use Now Brand Unblanched Almond Meal here to cut the carbs way down)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Lemon or orange zest, optional

Beat the butter, cream cheese and Splenda with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. The mixture should look like thick cake batter. Pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake at 350º 50-55 minutes. I suggest checking the cake after 40 minutes or so because mine was done in less than 45 minutes. The cake will be golden brown and firm to the touch when done.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

Original Cooks notes below (The carbs per serving as noted below are cut in half with the changes I've made)

With granular Splenda
Per Serving: 346 Calories; 31g Fat; 10g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid splenda:
Per Serving: 334 Calories; 31g Fat; 10g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

This cake tastes just like my Grandma's pound cake, but perhaps a slight bit more grainy from the almond flour. This is so good that I had to wrap up half the cake and stow it away in the freezer to keep me from being tempted to eat more. Next time I may try baking it in a loaf pan or perhaps in muffin tins for individual cakes. I think little muffin-sized cakes would be great split and filled with strawberries and topped with whipped cream. I might also add a little grated lemon rind or even try it with orange extract and orange rind.

Other than the adjustment in the baking time, I made one other change. The original recipe said to stir in the extracts at the very end and I decided to skip that step and just put them in along with the other wet ingredients. I used liquid splenda in mine and the results were outstanding.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)