Author Topic: Hello...Its me!  (Read 3082 times)

tlvan65

• View Profile
Hello...Its me!
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself because I know I will be asking for your help and support.

I have been overweight my entire life.  I remember starting my first diet when I was four years old.

Like so many of us..I have lost weight..gained weight..lost...gained....until now at 47..I feel like I have really screwed up my body, metabolism and my life.

Again..like so many of us..I have tried every shake, pill, diet and any other "new" miracle weight loss thing to come on the market.

I do know my body responds well to low carb living.  I have been on and off Atkins for years.  I know I have to stop thinking of low carb has a diet and begin to see it has a way of life.

So, hello everyone, my name is Lynn and today is the first day of the new me! ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Hello...Its me!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
Welcome home, Lynn! This is a dandy place! Hope to hear from you often!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Welcome to the family, Lynn!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I've been on and off diets my whole life of 60 years.
With all of them, I was left hungry. And when I could not stand the hunger any longer, I'd quit.
Then I'd put all the lost weight back on and then some more!

The FTS lifestyle is the only program I've found where I work to avoid hunger, eat wonderful foods, and lose weight! ;D ;D ;D

When you seriously start FTS, the first thing that happens is "sugar detox".
That's the body's way of readjusting to not having all that glucose in the blood all the time.
But when the adjustment is complete, you'll feel FANTASTIC and your energy levels will be thru the roof!

FTS really does work!
If you commit to it, the excess FAT will melt away!
And your body will heal itself from all those years of "sugar abuse".

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
Welcome home, Lynn! This is a dandy place! Hope to hear from you often!

I second what Sarah said.... I couldn't have said it better  ;)   Chime in often Lynn  we are all here together

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
HiYa Lynn! Welcome to the Forum! :) You have found the right place.I am Umpa,Dougs wife and i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to Fat to Skinny friendly.If i can help please ask. ;)

tlvan65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
Thanks Everyone!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
I misse this one somehow.  Welcome aboard, Lynn.  Hope to type to you often,

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »
Hi Lynn and welcome to the forum!  You've come to the right place!  I tried the Atkins diet but got so very tired of eating the meat & veggies.  I think the reason FTS works so well is all the replacements, so be sure to check out the recipe exchange.  I mean who would've thought you could eat pancakes for breakfast on a low carb lifestyle?   Also, everyone here knows I am a cheesecake FREAK!  ha ha  I never feel deprived, and I seriously plan to eat this way the rest of my life.   Again....welcome to family!!  ;D     

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 06:24:08 AM »
Hi Lynn -- I'm only a couple days ahead of you, but please come here often to get advice and hand holding during detox -- it got me through -- plus they gave me suggestions to try -- drink water helps -- i freeze water bottles and being kind to yourself during detox.  I made sure I got enough rest also -- plus when asleep didn't feel the detox effects as much.

good luck to you and you're in the right place  !!