Author Topic: Tylers low Sugar Brownies  (Read 23527 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tylers low Sugar Brownies
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
In my brownie recipe I use flaxseed.Goes great with chocolate ;) Soy would be a equal conversion.Just remember never pack them in measuring cups.

joagain

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
that is a umpa question I guess you could try them with flax  Tyler just never could make hisself like flax anything  LOL he has a texture problem when he eats he drives me crazy

Rena

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

I don't buy almond flour all that much because it's $10 a bag here. I'm going to try this same recipe with flaxmeal next time because I always have that on hand. The past 2 nights I've even gotten Rick to eat a brownie with me for dessert. Last night we whipped up some heavy cream for topping and drizzled some SF chocolate syrup over it.

Thanks so much for the recipe, Jo & Tyler! :)

BTW -- I wrapped each brownie up individually in plastic wrap and am keeping them in the fridge. How does everyone else store theirs?

Rena

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »
Oh, and this is the picture I posted on Facebook last night. It was hilarious because the thread went nuts in a matter of moments. Got chocolate, and people will comment!  :D :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
I keep mine in the freezer  ;D  That looks so yummy...LOL  The last batch I made I threw in a handful of nuts and some sugar free chocolate chips.  When heated in the micro  :o 

joagain

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
Rena we usually make ice cream sandwhichs out of the brownies & vanilla carbsmart ice cream then wrap them  in saran wrap . They dont last long tyler loves them . Rena did you buy whip cream ? LOL  Becareful

When I maded the 9x9 pan he would eat one in the mornings for his breakfast so I just stored them in a tupperware on the counter because they dont last long .

I also made his birthday cake out of the brownies ,I dont know if you seen this or not

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3242.0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:48:04 PM by joagain »

Rena

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
Rena did you buy whip cream ? LOL  Becareful

No, we actually had some leftover heavy whipping cream, so I whipped that up instead. I can't be trusted with the cans.  ::)

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 02:44:09 PM »
Jo I did miss that link...You did a great job!  I bet it was good  ;)  Gonna make some icecream sandwichs this summer.....mmmmm

joagain

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Well it wasnt the best looking cake but it was very good and a whole lot less sugar then dairy queens ice cream cake

Rena

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »
Yes, the cake was awesome looking!

shawn116

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
I would buy one  ;)

joagain

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:01 AM »
LOL Someone really does need to open a place where you can go in an order nothing but low carb form appetizers to desserts

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
Yeah TooSweet! :D

Rena

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
LOL Someone really does need to open a place where you can go in an order nothing but low carb form appetizers to desserts

I agree. I thought it was so cool to see a low-carb section on Cracker Barrel's menu. I wish more places did that.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 05:37:25 PM »
What we need is Umpa to open an online bakery. We could order all our fun stuff, have it shipped to the house and I would be THRILLED! Rena you're killing me with that brownie picture! LOOKS SO GOOD!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/