Author Topic: New to group  (Read 4377 times)

sweetpea45

• View Profile
    • Email
New to group
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:03 AM »
Good morning all,

I am starting today and feel very positive. I downloaded the book and cookbook.  I have about 150 lbs. to lose, many medical problems but I am done with feeling sick and tired.  I have 7 grandkids that I would like to see grow up. Had 4X bypass surgery 6 years ago, tried the low fat, low calorie way but that didn't work for me.  Did Atkins and I did lose but very slowly and I gave up. I am pre-diabetic, on metafornin, have 2 kinds of arthritis, yikes I'm a mess.  But I am hoping with support that this time will be different.  I am commited to counting every carb, cooking for my self and coming here for motivation.

I do have a question for now (didn't finish the book yet) Looking at the reciepes, there are no sugar or carb counts, how do we figure it all out?? Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and share the journey.

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New to group
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
Hi SweetPea and Welcome...

I too found out that lowfat diets do not work for me....After so many years struggling I found the answer..And since your here and reading the book Fat to Skinny..You found the answer to..Good Luck on this wonderful journey...Please not only weigh yourself but measure yourself...The scale is not always your friend believe me....We are women and have alot going on to always have a positive loss on the scale but loose clothes are the proof and my motivator besides all these wonderful folks your about to meet...

Doreen

Since January 2010, 59 1/2 pounds ...26 pounds away from my goal
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
Hi Sweetpea! No more sweet peas for you, 10 carbs for 1/2 cup!!!! OUCH  :o You wouldn't think eating 1/2 cup of peas is the same as eating 2 1/2 teaspoons of sugar but it is  ::)

Now, why didn't I provide you carb and sugar counts for each recipe.....simple, I want YOU to learn how to do it for yourself. Once you learn the carb and sugar counts for each ingredient you simply do the math. Teaching you through this method makes the sugar counts of items second nature to you. You be able to sit in a restaurant or go to a church social and instantly SEE the sugar in all the options available.

Get ready Sweetpea, life's about to change  8), before it's all over you'll be changing your name to "Greenbean"  ;D ;D ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:18:51 AM »
Welcome sweetpea! All your answers are here.My name is umpa i am dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask.Read the book its only about a 2 hour read. ;D

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »
welcome sweetpea!  I get a lump in my throat every time someone new joins because I know how much your life is going to change for the better.  This is the easiest and most rewarding way of eating ever.  tremendous health benefits and you will feel so much better very rapidly.  looking forward to sharing in your coming success!  ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
Im so proud of myself I turned down my most favorist cream cheese dip and crackers tonight!

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »
beebs you are awesome!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

J.Perry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »
Today is day one for me.  Bought the book this afternoon....read it this afternoon.  Looking forward to a new life.

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »
Thats the Spirit J.Perry...
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
welcome to your new life j.perry!  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 09:11:07 AM »
Welcome JPerry.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! Be vocal, we are hear to help :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)