Author Topic: need help  (Read 5786 times)

er4fun

• View Profile
    • Email
need help
« on: September 20, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »
hi!
can anyone recommend a  :)GOOD  ;Dfree website to enter my meals and exercise?
i would like to be able to monitor/visulize my progress. and i feel more accountable when i have to write/enter this information.
can anyone recommend something??
much thanks!
gina  :)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »
uhhhh start your own thread here & enter your meals/exercise etc:)

er4fun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
uhhhhh   how??           :)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
lol.....under "share you success story" just start a new thread....call it "er4fun's journal" or whatever you'd like... and keep a daily journal of what you eat or workouts etc.....

er4fun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 01:58:27 PM »
no---i was looking more for something that when you enter your food, it make calculate your calories, or fats or sugars. and with exercise, it may tell you how many calories burned-or at the end of week-your accomplishments.........
anyone got anything like that???

owensmath

sweetpea45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
Hi,

Fatsecret.com and fitday.com are 2 good sites to track food.  I really like fatsecret.com  very easy, huge list of foods, so it goes quick and you can choose to track carbs (just pick Atkins) and will record carbs and calories and percentages in a pie chart.

Tootsie

TTnomore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
You could also try sparkpeople.com
Gail

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
Or..........you could avoid all the hassle and simply learn the food carb counts, make them second nature and stay under 20 carbs per day. I look at all the rest of it as obsession and busy work. It doesn't need to be complicated or time consuming just eat great and lose weight :) :)

Hi Tootsie!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »
Welcome er4fun!I am dougs wife umpa ,and I have a column called ask umpa on the homepage where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask!
As far as the calorie/carb counting sites I have to be honest I hate them.I have seen several people fail on the forum using them.They are time consuming.You could be using that time to take a walk,spend time with family, or take a hot bath.All more productive.
We are all here because we have food issues, so if you get out of the habit of obsessing over food you will be better off.Keep a food journal on the forum like Katary suggested and you will get  a lot of imput on food choices.
I think the hardest thing for people when they start a new eating plan is that they constantly think/obsess over food.Don't.Plan your meals and forget about it. ;D

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »
Amen Doug! That is exactly what I have done and continue to do! What an awesome confirmation!! We sure tend to complicate things in our lives that are really quite simple, then we lose track of what we are truly doing in the first place....and basically most give up then cuz they are all caught up in the 'web of complication' ...LoL LoL LoL.... see how complicated that sounded...... :D  :D  :D

SIMPLICITY FOLKS! ...what Doug just said is the G O L D E N ~~ K E Y! ...pLeAsE put that in your Pocket!!
after all....Fat to Skinny - Fast and Easy ....is just that simple.... not Fat to Skinny....and a bunch a exercise and charts, and lists, and calorie counts and measures and la la la ..... too much! Just like the Lord and His Word... really quite simple, people complicate it... then give up and lose out on an awesome Love and Truth for Life!!!  .....;D ...'twas from my heart to share that with Love, not condemnation...
simplicity + patience + peace = success......for a Grand total of Pure Joy! Lord bless us all... !!  ;)

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
You are so right Cindy!***Keep it Simple*** ;D ;D ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »
I just write my carbs and meals down in a little notebook. Eat lean meats as much as you can but I wopuldnt worry about the rest to much dear. You will make yourself crazy with all that counting!  ;D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
I keep track in a notebook too, just to be sure I don't go overboard.  If I've eaten something and my blood sugar has gone up, I highlight what I had eaten and try not to eat it again or eat it in moderation.  I do walk, go to the gym and ride my bike, but it is hit and miss, never seems to be on a regular basis.  As far as keeping track through a website, I think if you let the computer do all the work you will not learn what to eat if your computer is not right in front of you (just my thought though).  Good luck!

er4fun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
no--i know how to do the counting. i know what to & not to eat.
i am NOT trying to short cut---that only leads to problems.  i just like that accountability.
i also love to see the success as i go along. or to be able to see pinpoint a problem -- if i have a plateau or (YIKES) a gain.
instead of writing in a food log, i take those SAME few seconds to enter it online--because i'm always by a computer.
online or written--i am more AWARE of what i am choosing to eat---or better yet--what NOT TO EAT.
i feel more 'accountable' when i log or write my food.
again--i just need that 'accountability'. its just me. its probably the same reason why i have to go to college and can't do a distance learning program to do my LPN to RN. it would be quicker but i need that accountability!
thanks for all the help!   :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D