Author Topic: Needing help because I'm becoming addicted low carb treats  (Read 7966 times)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
Needing help because I'm becoming addicted low carb treats
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry yet another post but I need some help.  Since I re-introduced a few things I notice some cravings and I want to erradicate it because it felt amazing not to have cravings.

When I first started I could handle some low carb treats (cookies, muffins, cream) but now I find 1 serving doesn't satiate me and I want more and more and now I'm eating this stuff daily and twice daily and wanting more.

Is it best to erradicate ALL addictions even to low carb treats while starting out? 

Thanks

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Needing help because I'm becoming addicted low carb treats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »
i can speak to this:) i had a nite a few weeks ago when i ate a whole bag of sugarfree candy:( i had intentions to eat only 1...but that led to 2 & eventually the whole bag:(...GOD DID I PAY FOR IT:( I SWORE OFF SUGARFREE CANDY THAT NITE:) and havent had it since....i would say yes to swearing off even lo carb treats if you cant control your intake... i had the same issue with almonds:(....so nicky....as much as i hate to say it, if you cant control your intake.... CUT IT OUT:(

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
I suspected that was the answer which is also why I suddenly stopped losing weight.

It was hard enough to give up real sweets but now I have to give up my replacements too.  But ultimately it is for the best so I'll just have to do it!

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:15 AM »
I would say to give it up until you are able to have better impulse control. Mine comes and goes! I don't allow myself to have the "extras" every day. I want to see the numbers on the scale moving in a downward direction and that "tastes" better than any treat! : )

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
 ;D BiNgO  :o

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »
In the beginning I never tempted myself with anything I knew I could run out of control with...I didnt snack other then my SF Jello after dinner....After all picking all day long was one of my problems...Needed to stick to a program I wanted to live with and eating 3 meals a day is what I want to do..Not graze all day...Just my 2 cents but get out of the snacking for a bit....

;)
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

gonnagetthere

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »
lowcarbnic, you can do the same thing with no carb foods .Down in the south Zeiglers  makes a smoked Sausage that is delish ! I dont like smoked sausage but I do this one . So when I started the FTS I was like WOOT I can eat my sausage 0 carbs . Well I can eat the entire pkg in a days time way too many calories & way to much fat . So I just cant  buy it anymore . I think that carbs have made us fat but I also believe that most overeaters have portion control problems ,impulse problems . Lets face we just like to eat ,well I do anyway . So I am just trying to keep the things that trigger a problem out of the house until I get SMALLER & STRONGER !
 When I tried the spinach bread I thought it was good but just being into the FTS for 2 weeks my brain said its good but not as good as my weight bread that is in the cabinet for my husband . I instantly wanted a piece of bread I didnt get it but I wanted it BAD. :-X

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »
Truthfully, when I feel the urge to have a special treat, I don't usually act impulsively anymore. I stop and think about it. While I'm thinking, I drink water to see if that will satisfy me. I also think to myself, "Can I wait until tomorrow to have this treat?" and then I usually realize it's not a need, it's a WANT that can wait. My dad has been trying to do this lifestyle, but he is not effective with it. When he feels the tiniest bit of hunger (or boredom?), he jumps up immediately and finds something to eat. Usually, it is something low car, but he has no impulse control OR portion control. And, he becomes frustrated because he doesn't see the scale moving (except in the WRONG direction). I have tried to explain it to him, but he isn't receiving it well. He was just here for a visit and said, "Well, six months worth of work is down the drain!" He had gained back all of the weight he'd lost in 6 months (it was only about 10 pounds) in a matter of two weeks on vacation. He is not consistent. He becomes frustrated and then rather depressed over it all. He is still stuck on the hamster wheel and can't see if for himself. I see NOW that it's where I used to be, but PRAISE THE LORD, I'm off that darn hamster wheel for good!

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
I must confess that I can eat a bag of Russell Stover sugar free candy too -- if I let myself -- plus this can get expenseive -- even when the candy is on sale!!!

I have "switched" over to drinking more unsweetened almond milk which is very satisfying (with the Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup and ice cubes).  This "treat" is also less calories and more calcium!  Make wise choices today and have a great one!

SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
I am going to buy me some of that milk today I have missed my milk

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
The brand I really like is Blue Diamond -- comes in three "levels":
90 calories per cup, 60 calories per cup OR UNSWEETENED 40 calories per cup.
I always buy the Unsweetened and it is in the pink and blue carton -- AND the number 40 is on the front of the box.  Enjoy!!!   :D

SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

toddy44

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
Jo the almond milk is good.  I have it in my coffee and top it up with a little cream.  I love it, it has a really nice taste to it.
Linda

gonnagetthere

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
 :'( Walmart didnt have it

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
I was so happy to finally find almond milk at my wal-mart by the soy milks and lactaid free milks

toddy44

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
I don't believe it, something that Canadian supermarkets have and U.S. don't?
Unbelievable!
Jo, I found it in the "organic" area