Author Topic: LUNCH IDEAS FOR THE OFFICE  (Read 6085 times)

toddy44

LUNCH IDEAS FOR THE OFFICE
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
Hi everyone, I have to be well prepared (as in preparing the night before for next day) for taking my food to work.

I am running out of ideas.  Lately I have been taking my tortilla with either meat, chicken or tuna or salmon and having lettuce with it (cos that's about all you can fit in it).

I have also been taking snacks of cheese and meat or cheesesticks etc.

I find I'm really hungry by the time I get home from work.

Any ideas for something more filling when you get hungry after breakfast?  I usually eat breakfast around 7.30 and then am not hungry till around 1.30.......I'm getting a little bored with the tortillas to be honest!

Help would be appreciated, I've just gone back to the book for lunch ideas, but I'm not home to prepare half of those things nor have the time the night before to do it!
Linda

gonnagetthere

Re: LUNCH IDEAS FOR THE OFFICE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »
sorry I wish I could help but that is what I eat for lunch a tortilla with ham chees &lettuce leaf . maybe some oldtimers can help i am just a newbie

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »
whatever we have for dinner.... i always make enough for my wife to take to work the next day for lunch.... we use a thing called "TUPPERWARE" have you ever heard of it?    :P

toddy44

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
OMG I want to slap you Gary! Seriously!

Tonight I had leftover beef from last nights dinner, so I have NO LEFTOVERS smartypants!

I'm sitting here trying to think of something and you're not helping MR!

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
make an omlette and put it in "TUPPERWARE" and take it to work & put it in the "MICROWAVE" that will heat it up and then you can eat it:)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »
um soy protein shake?

toddy44

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »
Sorry Beebs, but I don't think I could drink lunch.

Gary, that sounds ok, but I usually have an omelette for breakfast!......

NEXT

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »
Make a bacon sandwich or something. Also look up izzets stuffed jalepeno recipe. Those things are awesome!

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
 i know its probably too late... but when i make soup it makes about 4 or 5 good sized bowls that keeps very well.... make yourself a batch of that..... the ones ive made are very satisfying & it will be a very good lunch for you for a few days:)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
is the stuffed jalepeno recipe the one with the peppers stuffed with creme cheese and wraped with bacon . I went to a grill out about 3 months ago and had those & they were delish. Matter a fact I bought some peppers to make them tommorrow .

kathylowcarb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
I have made chicken salad with olives, no carb mayo, celery, no sugar pickles and a few walnuts.  I do not need a tortilla to eat it and it is easy to carry with me. Kathy

toddy44

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
Mmm, thanks, food for thought.

Gary what type of soups do you make?  Its like 40 degrees (celcius) here lately on a daily basis, not sure soup is a good idea...yet!  I love soups, could eat em all the time, except when its just so hot!

Bacon sandwich beebs?  I have low-carb bread, but I'm trying to avoid that this week.....should maybe be avoiding the tortillas too.

I just packed my lunch and snack and will eat whatever out of that.  I packed ham, lettuce and a tortilla, but some salami, brie cheese (it was in the fridge, couldn't resist a bit of it), some cut up green and red pepper.  Will just eat what I want out of that when I'm hungry.  Oh and I made some of Gary's famous yoghurt - OH MY GOD - that stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooo good, very rich though.  I must admit I had a couple of spoonfuls while putting it in a little container for lunch tomorrow! 
I also cut up some spinach, red pepper, one green onion and some ham for an omelette in the morning.
good to go

gonnagetthere

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »
It is 75 degrees here at 8:40 PM  99 degrees for high tommorrow . Lucky Linda

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »
You can do a lettuce wrap in place of a sandwich. I like chicken salad on mine or bacon and tomato with mayo...like a BLT minus the bread.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=128.75   this link will take you to one of the soups i made:) i thought it was too hot for soup too.... but i got to tell ya it was freakin fantastic:)