Author Topic: I guess I am stuck on fat  (Read 12182 times)

toddy44

Re: I guess I am stuck on fat
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
Water water and more water.
I don't drink sodas, crystal lights, nothing.
In fact, I've answered your question re water before, I drink about 10 glasses a day.
Linda

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »
 :) :o ::) ;D Shihtzumom1 I SEE what happened with your name :)...I did'nt change it on purpose I was spelling your name wrong and my "curse word" filter that I have installed was changing the word sh#% to poop....sorry about that!

Ok Jo and Toddy, back to you...are there any meds involved in your lives?...if so what are they?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
So sorry to repeat my questions. I was trying to help. I won't bother you anymore. I assure you.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »
Jo & Linda.... you've both said you're thinking of giving up after 3 weeks??? come on now ladies... 3 weeks isn't enough time to even get your feet wet:) if i gave up on everything in my life that didn't work 100% the way i wanted it to within 3 weeks, well..... i cant think of anything that i wouldn't of given up on!!! step back and look at your options here....  at the very least give the book another once over and review your food intake:) ....hey we wouldn't be trying to give you advice if we didn't care about your success:) i mean the only thing we gain from you sticking with it & being successful.... is the knowledge that BOTH OF YOU..... were strong enough,wanted it bad enough, and had the courage to succeed!!!! if both or either one of you quit now, the only ones that lose in that equation..... is you:(  so come on,get back in the saddle:) we want you both in for the long haul,not 3 weeks and out... http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=627.0

gonnagetthere

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 01:02:06 PM »
I am not giving up I am just Busted & Disgusted ! I am going back to low / no carbs to see what I am doing wrong . It might have been the chinese resturant I tought i did good but maybe hidden sugars more then I tought & I know the salads or probably more so I am going back to the start .

I am drinking nothing but unsweetened tea & water & I take no meds . It has to be my salads  ! I am leaving them off this week

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Doug, sorry to get defensive , I thought you were angry with me for my confusing post.  I thought you were calling me names.  All is ok.

Jo, hang in there, as I said if you are feeling better and losing inches, something wonderful must be going on inside.  Your scale will catch up soon.  My brother-in-law also a fellow FTS person, rarely gets on the scale, he just goes by his blood sugar and how he feels, and that his clothes are getting looser.  I think women are slaves to the scale (I know I am).  Consider yourself **hugged** and go on from here.
Have a great day!

gonnagetthere

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
Thanks it did sound like doug was calling you names I did not even notice that  LOL but he would not do that . Thanks for the hug & I do need to stay off the scale because if I was doing this just for the way I feel i would not be questioning  anything because I do feel great .
I just let the scale make or break me have done it for years ,that is another addiction I need to break . I have not had indegestion or acid reflux since I started the FTS . I have stoped the cravings for bread ,I still think about it but am not craving it .  For those reasons alone causes me to keep going . Thanks Guys

toddy44

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:35 PM »
I am not giving up either, I'm taking stock and seeing where I might be going wrong.
I really do want to succeed, you're right Gary, its just disheartening that's all and Jo and I seem to be only ones who really tell how we are feeling (negative thoughts), where everyone else is positively positive.

Linda

PS Doug, I take Nexium, but haven't been taking it daily since beginning FTS, I also take a Vitamin B and also a daily multi-vitamin and the occasional allergy tablets.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »
Ok everyone needs to take a chill pill! Start writing down everything you eat post it if you want. I started a food diary on the forum awhile back. It helps alot when you can go back and see what you ate all day.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
I think it is a big mistake to compare our own results to anyone else. My husband has taken almost 3 months to lose 20 lbs. Not a fantastic weight loss story   so far but the improvement in his overall health and well-being is phenomenal. This works!! And look how engaged and passionate Doug and Umpa are. We are all here to help and encourage each other while transforming ourselves into healthier people.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »
Getting healthy is everyone's main goal!!   Everyone gets a **hug** today!

gonnagetthere

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »
OK Beebs I just took my chill pill  :D :D And Paula it is so true that we should not compare to others we are all different it is funny that me & linda (toddy44) or having the same slow weight loss maybe we started on a bad day LOL .
 I am going to right everything down  but I am gonna leave the salads off
 Gary I aint quitin you aint getting rid of me that easy .
 I just dont need to get on the SCALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Doug & Unpa are very supportive that is for sure . & I thank all of you for yalls support !

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
OMG.... i just looked up the carb count in "chill pills" its like 50 bazillion per pill:( dont OD on them please:)

owensmath

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 03:32:05 PM »
Gary, don't forget to subtract the 50 million grams of fiber.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »
lol.....you got me:)