Author Topic: Hey newbie here  (Read 5430 times)

MissDeb

• View Profile
Hey newbie here
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »
Hey--just registered. Don't know just how I stumbled onto this site...but I'm curious to say the very least! DIdn't see a place for new people to post so I hope this is okay.
I have 75-85 lbs to lose myself....have been on every diet there is, fad diets, Weight Watchers and such. I'll betcha I have tons and tons of diet books. I haven't bought this one....yet. I am now a diabetic and am about at my wits end!! I have been contemplating bypass surgery..specifically sleeve gastrectomy (they make your stomach into a little pouch by removing about 3/4's or more of it)--it's different from the Rou-N-Y in that your intestines are left intake and absorption is not compromised.....
I would much, much rather find a way of eating that I could live with continuously and be happy and satisfied instead of having surgery!!!
Anyway---I just wanted to say HELLO and now I will go back to reading the forum.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:54:25 PM by MissDeb »

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hey newbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »
Hi MissDeb, welcome to the forum.  Here is a thread that you might be interested in reading if you haven't already found it.   It has to do with by-pass surgery:
http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=448.0

This is a great forum.  Everyone is so helpful and supportive.  There are lots of recipe ideas and help along the way.  I highly reccommend getting a copy of the book and reading it.  This is such a great way of life for us all and very easy to follow and stay on.  Your craves go away and with the help of Doug's book and the forum, you find great ideas to substitute your favourite foods so you don't feel like you are missing anything.  If you have questions, just ask, everyone is great about helping each other.  Good luck on your journey.

MissDeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. :)
I just watched one of the cooking videos--Chicken CordonBleu---looked yummy!!!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
yes deb:) welcome to FTS...getting the book is a must! and you'll find many people in the same situation you're in on this forum,free yourself from your sugar addiction... there is a substitute food for almost anything that you've eaten in the past, that got you in the position that you're in today.... if you read the book & follow the plan:) you can change your life without the surgery you spoke of :o please come back often to ask questions & share your journey with the rest of us ;)

MissDeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:03:40 AM »
Thank you for the welcome katary! I have been enjoying reading the posts at various places in this forum. Everyone seems very supposrtive and helpful of each other....great thing to see! There is also a lot of information here. I will be purchasing the book!
I hope to be getting to know everyone here on the forum and most importantly I look forward to there being less of the unhealthy me and more of a slim, trim, healthy, happy, more energetic me!!!

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »
Welcome MissDeb.  I think you will find this is the perfect place for you.  Such caring and supportive people and the results will amaze you.  I have been on this journey with my husband since Memorial Day and he has gone from 4 insulin shots a day to NONE.  And that is with a 20 lb weight loss.  He is type 2.  I have to tell you he is like a brand new person since he has been eating this way!  We are all here for each other and that includes YOU!  :)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »
Welcome MissDeb! My name is umpa I am dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.I hope you will give us a try before surgery.Everybody I know that has had gastric bypass has put the weight back on +50.We offer solutions and support her at the forum.If I can help you please ask! ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
Hi Deb....OK I'm going to start off very pushy with you. Don't you dare go under the knife until you've read the book, followed the program and immersed yourself into the FTS family forum. 6 months from now you'll look back and cringe at the thought of having your guts ripped out... :o

After you watch this video click the blue bar above this post, spend your ten bucks and lets get you skinny the natural way  8)

Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Narration - Dr. Smith

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »
Umm that is SO gross!  ;D

MissDeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
You have all been sooo nice with your warm welcomings!! Thank you sooo much. Doug, it is perfectly okay that you were "pushy" LOL!! I think it's great that you feel so strongly about your program and that you feel that you can help...with that being said, I am going to spend the $10 and buy your book and try the program!!!What I've read and seen so far has been sooo promising and very interesting. Everything looks so yummy as well and it looks like something I may actually be able to do for life. So let's see just how well I can do. I'm excited about getting started!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »
You just hang out with us and follow the advice, recipes and program....you'll be just fine......Welcome!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »
From someone who had almost 80 some lbs to lose..Only 30 some to go..It works and you can do it too!..Welcome MissDeb!!
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
Welcome.. I dont want to scare you but I wouldnt go under the knife.. My sister did the by pass and has been sick (malnutrition,pneumonia) and so much more for over 10 yrs because of all the things that go wrong. She is only 36 yrs and a few months ago her insides got all twisted and she truly was saved from septic shock.  all this is a result of the surgery..

This is the right and natural way of doing it.. Its true, you do gain it back. My mother also did it and lost her weight. She went down to a size 6 and now is a size 14-16 again and the worst part is that she still cant eat right..

Pls try FTS and truly give it your best shot..  Best of luck!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »
Hey MissDeb!  Welcome to the FTS family!  I am cheering for you from the beautiful state of South Carolina!  I, too, have been on WW for numerous times throughout 39 years.  I have NEVER HAD THE SUPPORT from Weight Watchers like I have had in the past 3 months on the FTS program.  Buy the book and get officially started!
Make it a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)