Author Topic: the carb lovers diet  (Read 2912 times)

lightningbug

• View Profile
the carb lovers diet
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
Hi   I am lighningbug and I am new   I am 56 and really trying.  Everytime I turn around there seems to be some new report.  Have you seen the carb lover diet?    Actually fat to skinny makes alot of sense to me but I am confused.   

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: the carb lovers diet
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
yes i saw it:( opinions are like a**holes... everybody has one!!! go with what you know.... stick with FTS & you'll be healthier & thinner:)

lightningbug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
I will and thank you for answering.  People at work say oh I tried the low carb diet after a while you go back to reg eating.  I think this is different because Doug has explained how food becomes fat.  I want to thank you for all of your in put Katary.  You have a lot to say and you seem to be very caring regarding us newbies.  Thank yous

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »
hey:) "not a diet" you have to have that mindset:) its a way of living...nothing like atkins... doug & umpa arent trying to sell you "diet" food... the goal for all of us is to educate any/all FTS members on healthy eating>>> leading to health,losing weight & keeping it off forever!!!!! ya have to dedicate yourself to that...... to be successful ;D never forget that & you'll be fine :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:57:17 AM »
Hello L Bug, welcome to the best FAT loss support forum on the web! I assume you've read the book? Do you remember the chapter in FTS where I explain the addiction to sugar, dopamine release in the brain etc...? That's the biggest problem with the carb lovers diet, you never cure the addiction. It's kinda like quiting smoking but still puffing away on the weekends, it's a failed approach from the beginning. I look at it this way, either you smoke or you don't, drink or you don't, take drugs or you don't, eat sugar or you don't...........

Follow the rules, learn the tricks, embrace your new way of life and your FTS family....you'll be fine :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »
Welcome lightningbug! i am umpa dougs wife.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask. :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »
Hi Lightningbug,

Welcome!  Its true, its not a temporary change.. You have to implemented in your everyday life.. You know what has helped so much, is that Doug/Umpa have provided replacement for all the bad things..Talk about stress free..

Good luck...

Alex

Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

lightningbug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
Thank you  all for responding.  Yes I read the book and I am re reading it again.  It may be I need to be more careful of my portion controls.  I actually started a couple of months ago .  In January when I went for a WELL CHECK UP after my cancer Surgery on my leg I weighed 201lbs.  I saw you on the 700 club via internet and thought maybe this is it but I did not get your book until June 26th.  I am  now 181 and have been for over a week.  I believe I was 196 when I got your book.  Thank you so much for sharing your story and caring about us.  Thank you umpa   I love  how you help us out  I love to read the comments and recipies.  This GROUP IS AMAZING AND WE WILL MAKE OUR GOALS!!!   The honesty of everyone is anazing and I feel like I can share without being laughed at   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »
HaHa :D ..... JUST KIDDING :o