Author Topic: Hello Courage from Chicago, your turn to start somewhere  (Read 3231 times)

Courage

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello Courage from Chicago, your turn to start somewhere
« on: September 02, 2010, 11:09:45 PM »
How do you get to be 236 pounds?  The same way you get to be 10, 30, 50 or 100 pounds overweight.  One bite at a time.
Unwrap, bite, chew, savior, swallow.  Repeat.
Ahead is my hope that tomorrow will be different.
This forum has given me hope when, I feel like hanging up the towel to eat.  I log on and it disappears, Wow.  It makes me want to change.  
I thought I knew how to eat right, I thought I knew what my limits were, but I didn't.  If anyone is teachable, willing to let go of all old ideas you will learn allot form Doug and this great team members at this forum.  If your willing to follow instructions you will learn things you can use for the rest of your life.
My strength and power will continue to come from my FTS forum village. I really believe that somethings are sent from above, the bottom line is there are people in my path that will encourage, challenge and most important I will not be alone.

To my FTS family.
Courage in Chicago.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:55:08 PM by Courage »
I love this book, started my weight loss about 2 weeks ago, lost 3IL, and I have learn so much.  I"m a mother of 5 adults, and 5 grandkid.  Life has been a journey, now it's my turn to take care of me.  Hope to keep everyone updated on all I do. 
Courage in Chicago

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Hello Courage from Chicago, your turn to start somewhere
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
that's true...many people that are close to you in your life will try to get you to EAT things that you KNOW are going to hinder your success :) but YOU have to be STRONG enough, and DEDICATED enough to not fall during these times of temptation!!!!! I don't know if they do it intentionally or if it just "happens" but it happens to me ALL the time:( i will NEVER let other people or situations dictate to me what i put into MY body, & i urge all of you to adopt that into your mindset .... hey you don't make them eat PORK RINDS....LOL   its your BODY & your LIFE, do as you please with it,if you choose to BLOAT & DESTROY it..... i feel so sorry for your choice. I (and i pray you) have seen the LIGHT, come out of the DARKNESS & set yourself free from your SUGAR addiction:) THE END:)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:02:40 AM by katary »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:32:01 AM »
We are all here for you.You made the first step by starting the program.There are alot of people here that need to lose 100 pounds or more, there are also alot of people here that have.Just remember its not a race and you can do it ! ;)

Courage

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »
Your so right, thanks.

Courage
I love this book, started my weight loss about 2 weeks ago, lost 3IL, and I have learn so much.  I"m a mother of 5 adults, and 5 grandkid.  Life has been a journey, now it's my turn to take care of me.  Hope to keep everyone updated on all I do. 
Courage in Chicago

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Welcome to the family courage.....we're glad to take you under our wings as you will do for others as they take the first step :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »
Hi Courage, I agree with you that FTS is a divine inspiration and Doug and Umpa are the channel.  Words cannot express the results my husband has experienced since starting the program in May.  He is like a brand new man.  I have never seen him stick with anything like he is to this and it is nothing short of a miracle and answer to prayer.  You are going to be amazed how much your life will change! :)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:20:28 AM »
Good Luck on your Journey, Courage..Your gonna just Love how it looks and feels on you!
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
Welcome to the site! Be sure to check out all the recipes posted, they really help along the way. :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/