Author Topic: Downeast - Saturday weigh-in  (Read 62122 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Downeast - Saturday weigh-in
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »
Carb treats? I dont think so .....

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »
It has been almost two months since I lost anymore weight..... :-\

Beebs I had that same problem last month and I don't know why. I was eating all the same foods but couldn't loose anything. I was down to just salad and no carb dressing trying to see what was going wrong. Last week out of the blue I started loosing again and I couldn't tell you why, nothing changed in my diet. I think maybe it's just a body thing?? If you figure it out let me know, because I was stumped and so frustrated. I'm sure if you keep it up you'll start loosing again too.  :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
You are  so right sherripie that has been my experience too.Its like the body takes re-adjustment time. ;)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »
Well I cut back to ten carbs and my sugar has been dropping out so that's not going to work for me. I guess after the body gets over the shock of the change it freezes up for awhile.

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »
Another Saturday has rolled around, so I will pick up this thread again and post my weigh-in results. Down 1.8 pounds this week for a total of 26. It's a bit discouraging after the big loss last week, but at least I have maintained it and lost a bit more. I keep fearing that the "spell has broken" and I won't be able to keep losing.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:23:27 AM by downeast »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
This isn't a spell and it will not be broken  :) I do however understand your fear. Let me take you back to the basics, your body burns glucose for fuel, what it doesn't burn it stores as FAT. Over the years you've burned less glucose than you've taken in and the result is the stored fat on your body. The FTS program is designed to feed you foods that do not metabolize into glucose forcing the body to use the reserves (stored fat) as fuel. If you continue to eat the FAT TO SKINNY program as prescribed in the book you will continue to lose weight. Some weeks will be slower than others, heck some weeks you may lose nothing. Other weeks you may drop 6 pounds....why? Lots of factors, your personal metabolism, portion control, stress, activity level, the occasional "cheat". All of these things will effect you.

I want you to stop worrying and enjoy your life, quit obsessing over your weight loss. I promise you if you stay the course, follow the advice you've been given, eat the way I've taught you, continue to tweak your recipes and food intake and stay in touch with your FTS family your weight loss will continue.

You can accomplish anything you want if you want it bad enough :)

Don't Worry, Be Happy
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »
Another Saturday.  Thanks, Doug, for your straight talk and pep talk in the previous post. It meant a lot to me to have such personal coaching and to feel that you really, truly do care. That’s wonderful encouragement.

Weigh-in today and the result is: down 3.2 pounds for a total of 29.2.  Wow.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
Wow Downeast that is terrific!!  You should be so proud.  Give yourself a little pat on the back!!

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »
DOUG! Thank you so much for just the right BOOSTER SHOT of encouragement for our hearts! That rotten devil is always trying to whisper lies and make us feel like we just aren't worth it....Well, that rotten peahead snake can try all he wants but with GOD on our side, no one or nothing can be against us! WE ARE WORTH EVERY OUNCE of NOT GIVING IN !!
 I love the video, and my son adores it ! They sing it at his school quite often...sometimes every day.... it is a special needs school...for PRECIOUS ONES WHO HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO KEEP GOING...SO I KNOW WE CAN TOO !!

I have been with "our fts family" for 16 weeks.... i was stuck at a dead stop(even gained some) around the 8th week i think, (after losing 16 lbs) and seemed no matter what i tried it would not go down....!!!!!!!!!! ....suddenly now for the past two weeks, the weight suddenly started dropping again!! WOO!!! HOO!!  for around 5 or 6 weeks,,,nothing...BUT!!!! I stayed the course...my portions cut and staying around 10 carbs a day average, I have now lost a total of 22 lbs!!!!!!! \:D/ .....I am getting excited again!....yes I am!! Glory to God!

Peace, Love... and great J O Y  to all of us, every single one of us here is going to make it to the goal...IF YOU STAY THE COURSE... I BELIEVE !! haha ! ...Do YOU!

PROUD OF YOU DOWNEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

L I F E S T Y L E !!!!!! NOT DIET, Amen !!!! ... KEEP GOING, Guys and Gals!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:38:23 PM by Cyndi »

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
You guys are welcome and congratulations to both of you on your continued FTS success. I say it all the time, patience and staying the course, tweaking the program and following the rules will always pay off. For you Cyndi it took cutting your carb count down to 10 or less and watching portions. I bet you find that very easy now. For you downeast it was recognizing that the speed in which the weight comes off is not measurement of success, the actual weight loss itself is :)  Stay the course and "Don't worry....B.... Happy!"

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »
Congrats Downeast! ;D

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »
Saturday again. More good news, down 1 pound for a total of 30.2 pounds lost. I was just thinking - this is the third time in the past 6 years that I have lost those same 30 pounds. I sure hope it's the last I see of them!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:21:52 AM by downeast »

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
so IT IS !! as you ..BELIEVE ! ...then receive!! KEEP GOIN' !! \:D/...Lord bless you!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
That's entirely up to you. You now know exactly what created and recreated and recreated that 30 pounds of Flab.....if you want it gone forever stay off the sugar.  ;)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 01:06:22 PM »
Yay everyone ;D ;D ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2