Author Topic: What motivates you to lose-weight?  (Read 8179 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
What motivates you to lose-weight?
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »
Please take a moment and share with our guests and forum members your motivations to lose weight. Is your reason for weight loss children, grandchildren, health, or maybe it's wanting to get into a bikini again!  Hey don't laugh, remember the book...it was a life long goal of mine to one day wear a speedo  :o
Anyway, what's driving you?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

scottinflorida

Re: What motivates you to lose-weight?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
For me it's a few things...

- to not be winded after walking up a ridiculously short flight of stairs
- to avoid all of the health problems that are eventually brought on by excess weight
- to be able to fit into all of those "old" clothes that are still hanging in my closet, that I USED to wear
- to be able to bend over and tie my shoe
- to look down and not see a few buttons on my shirt straining to break free
- to stop snoring and keeping my wife awake at night (I don't snore at my normal weight)
- and, being totally honest here, to hear people say, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!"

I could probably go on...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »
Good Health = long life to be with my family and friends ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »
I like my arms and legs attached to my body!!! Also I want to be a hottie again lol! w00t!

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
I want to be healthy, which means that I can be active with my kids and be here with them for a long time.
I want to feel "normal" and not have to shop in the fat section.
I want to be able to ride on my husband's motorcycle with him able to use his backrest at it's normal position.
I want to feel pretty instead of disgusting and unattractive all the time.
I want to tuck in my shirt instead of feeling like I'm doing the world a favor by hiding my body.

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
What motivates me? Many health reasons, of course, but this last effort (and I mean LAST, for a lifetime) that prompted me to follow-up with FTS is the very real possibility of both my kids getting married next summer. No definite plans that I’ve heard, and maybe mom is the last to know, but I see it as a strong possibility. I don’t want to be the blimp in the wedding photos when their great-grandchildren are looking through albums in years to come.
Other motivations: To be able to buy clothes (nice clothes!) in a regular store, not have to order online.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:14:31 AM by downeast »

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »
Good health, long life and being able to put on a pair of size 10 jeans without have to lie down on the bed to zip them up (ladies I'm sure you know what I mean) and not having that giant muffin top fluffing out over top of the waistband.

Margie

• MSN Messenger - margiefp@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »
I want to be able to by clothes from any store!
I want to be able to walk without getting short winded.
I want to be healthy.
I want to be able to enjoy my grandchildren.
I want to go places with my wonderful husband and enjoy life!
I want to be able to sit in a booth comfortably at a restaurant.

Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ. Phil. 3:13-14

travelus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Well my husband and I had decide to lose 30 pounds this year as goal , but with him away fighting with army overseas it hard for him to do so. He just came for a 2 week visit and was surprise to see my weight loss. I did not email him any pic because I want to surprise him when he came home.

I also want to be able to show some of my doc that my health problems are still going to  be there even when I lost my weight. My health problem have not change. But I'm sure that I'm on the road for maintaining my health and not getting any worth then it was.

My husband ask me to try to tell him what foods would be good for him to help him as well.

I was able to lower my A1c level from 6.2 in may to 5.6 now but I'm still diabetic. Thanks to Doug and his book. In which I saw Doug on the 700 club and I through I was looking at a Info Com. Then I went to website and read the success stories that was posting and I knew that what I saw was real. So next step was to go to book store and buy the  book.   

Thanks for letting me share.   

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
I bet your husband gave you a BIG hug and kiss when he saw you......then, maybe he noticed your weight loss! Stay the course and your diabetes will disappear.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 01:02:55 PM »
while walking today i pondered this question & thought it would be even more revealing if you made a list of "what motivates you to lose weight" and right next to it a list of "excuses why you give up/don't succeed " compare the 2 side by side >>> is there really any comparison? i doubt it ???

travelus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 11:27:01 PM »
Thanks Doug for those nice and kind words, you inspire us all and we are trying to better our over all health. yes it was hard to keep eating right with him at home but if I did have a slice of cheese cake we always share
it now that I'm diabetic. But I make sure to keep my carb in count for the day. But when the soldier come home from overseas there want to eat food that they can't get there.   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »
Travelus hug your hubby for us! Whenever I can help you just ask! ;D