Author Topic: Jilted in Jersey  (Read 18710 times)

Kathe Rutler

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jilted in Jersey
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 07:29:26 AM »
I got VERY shakey and kept feeling the same as "going low", hypoglycemic!  I do not like this feeling and feel that it isn't safe.  What am I doing wrong?  And I thought Ketosis is dangerous and not good for your kidneys. :o

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »
You're just experiencing sugar withdrawal it will go away in a couple of weeks.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
Simply said, ketones are the "ash" of burnt fat cells. If weight is coming off fat cells are burning and ketones will be present, this is ketosis. Don't worry about it and forget everything you've been taught in the past.

I suggest you feed your shakes, when you first start to experience them coming on eat some proteins or fats.....withing 10 minutes your feelings should clear. Good choices are beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, a few pieces of cheese or a handful of almonds. All of these foods are "portable"

Remember what I taught you in the book, eating by the clock is WRONG. You need to eat when your body needs fuel........learn YOUR body and YOUR feeding schedule by the signs givin to you from your body.

With that said I need to ask you if you're on any medication for your conditions and have you consulted your doctor about changing your eating plan to low sugar?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
Welcome Kathe!  I have been on Weight Watchers many times through 39 years and NEVER have had the FRIENDS and SUPPORT that this FTS program provides.
Many encouraging words from very loving people around the world are cheering for you and everyone to succeed on this program.  Just take one day at a time and stay under 20 carbs per day as Doug recommends.  It will come off slower for women than men, but it will come off.  Inches may disappear from your body before "major signs on the scales", but stay true to the program and you will be happy you did!  Looking forward to hearing from you again! Have a great day!  :)

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)  (I'm praying for you too!!!)

Kathe Rutler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »
 A diet or change in life style may be one aspect of losing weight, but what about the emotional side?  I have been on a roller coaster married to an alcoholic and am feeling so sad and regretting the wasted years.  I feel terrible and although am involved in many things, am having a very hard time with this mess.  I used to love to cook for everyone and now it is just me and it seems like a waste of time.  How do you deal with emotional baggage? :(

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »
God can take you baggage. Nothing is to big for Him!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
Kathe you give yourself a break to start with.Take a deep breathe and cut all ties with your old abused self.Your new you and new life starts today.Take care of you.Crawl into a bubble of positive energy and take control of your life.Who are YOU? What do YOU want?it is so hard for us as mothers to get out of mommy mode and care for ourselves.Kick the baggage to the curb!!
Get rid of all depressants around you.Take a vacation.You need a rebirth her of the new You!!
At some point you have to say this jerk has no power over me! As long as you are still suffering he is winning.You are not a victim, show him he has no power or control of your life by moving on and being successful.
You are not a victim,you are in control!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »
Kathe, the power of this forum family is the size of our combined strengh! You pour yourself out right here into our arms.....we'll get you through it.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
Kathe, I sent you a personal message.... ;)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Kathe Rutler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Thankyou so much for responding to me...this is without a doubt the hardest time of my life!  Someone said that God sent a "mysterious potato (jicama) to me in the supermarket as a way to find you guys and you know, I think you are right!  There are no coincidences and maybe he saw the suffering and said, well, she likes to cook new things, but will never know what to do with it and voila!  There was Doug making food in his backyard? (It looked like Key Largo-I LOVE the Keys-another connection!)  So God was listening and knew I would try the Internet instead of a cookbook!  And at least he didn't hit me on the head with it!

The other miracle is that Doug responded immediately!  And then others...gee that felt good.  Not an auto-reply, but a promise that "I've (we've) got you.  WOW! WAS THAT POWERFUL!!!  I have walked three times in one week since then and have shopped for the "tray" of healthy snacks to pick on because although I am a gardener, and cook from what is in the garden...in emotional times sweets call my name.  Carrots and celery and other things work though as long as they are right there and do not take prep time!

So I am listening and VERY grateful for your support.  Baby steps are ok, but life changes are in order.  A friend said to give up to God the things I cannot control and this is what I am doing "just for today" with the Serenity Prayer as well.  Thankyou! Love, Kathe  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
All will be well.We are all here for you.(But unless you have bunny ears give up the carrots!) :D :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
Talk to us in this forum, talk to God in your prayers, and you WILL BE blessed more than you can imagine!

About 14 years ago, my ex-wife of 21 years (who was unfaithful to me), took our children and left me to live with her "lover". I was VERY hurt at her betrayal, at taking my kids away from me, and destroying our family for very selfish reasons.

When in church one day, my Pastor said that the road to spiritual freedom comes from forgiving others who have wronged us.
That's comes from the response Jesus gave when He was asked how we should pray to the Lord. Part of the prayer says "to forgive others who've trespassed against us".

This was a HUGE pill for me to swallow. In fact, it took almost 2 years to get it down but, with the Lord's help, I finally did. I was with my current wife (girlfriend at that time) when this finally sunk in. When I started to pray for and forgave my ex-wife, I felt so much better and my relationship with my girlfriend (which was already VERY good) became GREAT to the point of marriage. All the old "baggage" was GONE! I also felt like 1,000 pounds of bricks where taken off my back right away!

Until you're ready to forgive, at least pray for your ex.
Praying for others is the best way to get The Lord's good favor in your life!
Keep praying and the Lord will eventually give you the strength to forgive.
And afterwards... A new, baggage-free life awaits you!
And your ex (and his baggage) will be completely taken from your hands and placed in God's.
What you do today is what matters!

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 06:48:37 AM »
mouseissue, that is an incredible testimony and I know our Lord will bless you for your transparency.  Oh that everyone could know the healing and comfort He alone can bring.....thanks for sharing and YAY for the new wife!!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »
You have to believe no matter what your religious belief is that we are put on this planet to learn, we are not here just to coast through life.I think God never gives us more than we can handle, he gives us lessons to teach us and make us better people and to teach us to help others.I know (from personal experience) that when you are in the middle of all this drama that you don't think you will ever make it out,BUT a couple of years down the line you go "that wasn't really such a big deal,I am so much happier now!"
I always try to find the lessons in the challenges I am given so  I can learn them and move on.For all the lessons i am given there are just as many rewards.I consider myself a blessed person and I think I live a blessed life and because of this I think it is my responsability to help others to do the same.My garandmother (who is a southern baptist minister) calls it sharing the joy!I call it just doing the right thing, and being the best person you can be everyday. ;D
Although I do have to admit when I have my bad days too,but I figure as long as the good outweigh the bad I am okay! :D

jacksprattswife

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
You are better off without your husband if he is that shallow that he judges you by your appearance after all those years together.

Get fit for yourself, not for him

Christine