Author Topic: Just getting started  (Read 6558 times)

Sisbac

• View Profile
Just getting started
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am just starting Fat to Skinny today. I made Chicken Fettuccine today with the tofu noodles, it was wonderful! I had heard so many people complain about tofu, but as for me I love it. I just wished I would have known about these noodles years ago. I seem to have more energy today than I have had in a long time, it's this is only day one. My goal is to lose about 45-50 pounds and to get healthier. I am in my 50's and have high blood pressure. I hope to be able to get rid of the high blood pressure and medication.
I am looking forward to losing weight and getting healthy with all of you good people. I hope to here about your successes and any advice you may have for me.  :)

owensmath

Re: Just getting startede
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Welcome, Sis! You are on day one of a lifestyle that can be YOURS for the rest of your life. I started my journey in the middle part of April and I am LOVING the freedom, health, and energy that I have gained because of living this lifestyle (NOT DIET!). Ask all the questions you need to ask. We love to be helpful around here. You can even post your favorite recipes in the ASK UMPA section and she will make it Fat to Skinny friendly so you can still enjoy it. Welcome to the Family! : )

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sisbac!!  You are going to love this new lifestyle.  I also have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes and take medication for both.  On my last visit to the doctor's both had come way down.  It is amazing.   There are a lot of wonderful, helpful people on the forum.  Someone is always there with some encouragement or a suggestion. So enjoy your journey and welcome again.

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »
Welcome Sisbac!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »
Welcome Sisbac! Try the lomein recipe with the soy noodles it is wonderful!If I can help please ask ;D

bootoyou

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »
Hi All,
I'm just getting started too. Tonight, I made chicken alfredo. YUM!
I did Atkins 6 years ago and lost 40 pounds. I bought Doug's book and have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I think the weight loss is ok, but a little slow. I'll hang in there. I look forward to receiving and giving support in the weeks to come.
Pat

joagain

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Welcome to you both!!!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just getting started
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum bootoyou.  8lbs. in 2 weeks is great.  I don't think that is slow at all.  You will enjoy FTS & this forum.

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just getting started
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »
You are doing great and on the right track, keep with the program, and your spirits will sore as your sugar drops.