Author Topic: HI  (Read 4951 times)

rnbeachgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
HI
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:41:13 AM »
Hi, just bought the book-LOVE IT!  I am a nurse, insulin dependant diabetic, on CPAP and overweight.  Everything I was doing, trying to stay within the diabetic diet, I just kept gaining weight!  Started this life style change and wow I have lost 5lbs already and I have seen a reduction in my BS.  My motivation is my 21 yo daughter.  She is beautiful but has gained 40lbs suddenly and is overweight.  Prediabetic-WAKE-UP call!  I knew then the foods we were eating were not right for our body types.  Going to the grocery store today to buy foods on the right list.  I have combined walking in the am before work to assist with the weight loss.  By the way, I am 50years old and work in a very busy orthopedic operating room.  I need to lose weight and get in shape.  My health, my familys health and my career depend on it!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: HI
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
GREAT DECISION:) and welcome to the forum!!!! it WoRkS:) and we can all vouch for that ;D,please come back often to share your journey w/us.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:50 AM »
 WELCOME rnbeachgirl! So glad to have you join the forum.  Be sure you read the success stories, some amazing things have happened here in just a few short months! ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

rnbeachgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »
Thanks so much.  I love the scripture also!  I listen to comtemporary christian music as I walk for inspiration! :)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:07:40 AM »
Welcome rnbeachgirl ! I am so glad for you and your daughter !! Lord bless you and get ready for an awesome adventure with your new lifestyle! The weight will just disappear, and STAY away for good! , just remain determined, even if there is a temporary hault, it is just your body adjusting...stick with it and here in the forum you will get tons of guidance for all your questions and wonderful support...you've already won ! \:D/
Cyndi

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »
hi paula sweetie... missed you and every one recently...so much to catch up on!! Wow! ...love you.... Lord bless you!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum RNBeachgirl!!  You have come to the right place.  You will be amazed how quickly your blood sugars come down along with the weight.  Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging.  Good luck with your new journey, for you and your daughter as you both get your health on track.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
Welcome rnbeachgirl to the site and to FTS! This is the best program for changing your eating habits for life. I think between the FTS program and your very active job you should be very success with FTS. We have a great community here, you're going to love it. Oh be sure to check out Umpa's recipe section...it's the best!  :)

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 09:39:27 AM »
Welcome rnbeachgirl! I am umpa dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.You are in the right place! ;D

rnbeachgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Thank you so very much! I cannot believe I have lost 6.6 pounds in a week.  IThis is the first time I have lost weight.  Thanks so much to you and your husband-this is changing my life!!!  The recipes sound so yummy.  Will try the cracker and rosemary bread recipe today. ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:01 AM »
Welcome to the party rnbeachgirl! I always love to see our medical professionals succeed on the FAT TO SKINNY program. You guys touch soooooooo many people lives and your recommendations are respected.

Follow the program
Lose the weight
Spread the word
Save some lives

;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »
The recipe section is huge!If you can't find what you want let me know.The reason the program works is that we rplace your favorite foods we don't remove them.Tommorow I am working on pumpkin pecan pie and pumpkin bread and will be posting them next week in the thanksgiving topic. ;)Congrats on your weight loss!

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
Good Luck on this amazing journey...
Live each day as if it was on purpose.