Author Topic: Your diet compared to the Atkins Diet  (Read 4905 times)

kelbec6

• View Profile
    • Email
Your diet compared to the Atkins Diet
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
Hi Doug, How is your diet different to the Atkins Diet.  I have this fear as Im sure many people do about the Atkins Diet because it was so high in protein.  Is your eating plan different?
Thanks
kelbec6

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Your diet compared to the Atkins Diet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »
Don't be afraid of protein, it's great for you! You need to abandon all the beliefs you've had in the past about food and approach this with an open mind. Here's a thread on the forum about FTS vs Atkins- http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1021.0

Welcome to the party!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »
This isnt a diet!

kelbec6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
Thanks Doug, Im still afraid of soooo much protein, I get the rest.  Im a sugar addict I have to admit.  I cannot stop the cravings.  I go for about 4-5 days and then Im desperate to have a sugar fix.  Maybe my hormones are off balance.  How can I stay with this eating plan.  I cant explain how desperate I get for sugar.  If I eat fruit Im not too bad, like apples.  Im also having gallbladder problems probably due to my sugar addiction.  I think my liver is overloaded. Thats why Im concerned about so much meat.
cheers

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:06:50 AM »
Welcome kelbec6! We have alot of vegetarians here on the forum.Eating meat is not necessary.I am umpa ,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Sugar is so bad for you.That is a habit you need to kick.It is fertilizer for cancer let alone diabetes. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Your sugar cravings are from the addiction itself....that WILL break over a few weeks and completely disappear, you simply need to follow the advice here to get through it. Once that's broken it's clear sailing. Now let's talk protein..... you originally stated you were afraid of all the protein but as we explore your concerns further I see that your real concerns are heavy meat consumption. Protein comes in many forms other than meat including soy, fish, poultry, nuts, spinach and others. If you follow the FTS program you'll recognize that I mix it all up so you don't ever get overloaded on any one source of protein.

I'll say it to you again, don't be afraid of protein......be afraid of carbs!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:50:50 AM by Doug Varrieur »

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 03:33:29 PM »
Thanks Doug, Im still afraid of soooo much protein, I get the rest.  Im a sugar addict I have to admit.  I cannot stop the cravings.  I go for about 4-5 days and then Im desperate to have a sugar fix.  Maybe my hormones are off balance.  How can I stay with this eating plan.  I cant explain how desperate I get for sugar.  If I eat fruit Im not too bad, like apples.  Im also having gallbladder problems probably due to my sugar addiction.  I think my liver is overloaded. Thats why Im concerned about so much meat.
cheers

Welcome to FTS. I just wanted to tell you that I was a HUGE sugar addict. I craved it daily, loved my brownies and cookie fixes and planned my day around food. I won't kid you...the first couple of weeks were really difficult because I missed my sugar and my body was readjusting. Since then though it's like I have been released from that addiction. It's probably much like an alcoholic finally being free of a drink. I no longer crave any sweets, I can eat without worrying about desserts...it's amazing...and I finally feel free! Give it a try, it will change your life.

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

kelbec6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »
Thanks Sherripie and Umpa very encouraging! I need to kick this sugar habit, especially when I know it is so bad for your health.  I do feel better when I dont eat sugar, a lot better!
cheers
kel

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
I had never heard about sugar being a "fertilizer" for cancer until just recently.  I work with a lady whose husband has cancer.  Just recently they did a PET scan to see if the cancer has spread.  For the days leading up to the scan he couldn't eat anything with sugar.  Then before they did the scan they gave him an IV of glucose (sugar).  The glucose goes directly to the cancer and that's how the PET scan marks the spot where the cancer is!!  I had no idea!   

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
Here's a vid I posted a few years back, In it I highlight an interview with a well known oncologist who focus's on sugar and cancer.

FAT Bastards are KILLING us!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
Great video!  Thanks for sharing.....wow!