Author Topic: 5 days in....  (Read 14320 times)

Lauren82

• View Profile
    • Email
5 days in....
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm on day 5  and woke up this morning to a total weight loss of 3.8! I'm hoping to make it to the 5lbs by Monday, my first week mark.

I don't eat meat (although I do eat fish) and I never throught a low carb lifestyle could work so well for me. I'm so use to eating beans, quinoa, rice & bread daily. I'm still working on new veggie/low sugar recipes that will give me enough protein but if anyone has any sugeestions, I'd love to hear them!

I have never been so confident, or excited about a change of diet before. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks or months bring!

J.Perry

• View Profile
Re: 5 days in....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
That is awesome!  Keep it up.

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »
Great start, Lauren. Check out the recipes section on the home page for LOTS of ideas!!! : )

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
Hi Lauren, welcome to the family! OK, here's your mission...... I'd like you to take a lead in developing high protein low carb meatless recipes which fit your lifestyle. High levels of protein can be found in soy, nuts, fish, spinach, tofu, heck...broccoli has 4 grams of protein per cup. Anyway I look forward to your new recipes if you're up for it. Are you up for it?  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »
Welcome Lauren! ""I'm so use to eating beans, quinoa, rice & bread daily."" This is what put the weight on.Doug gave you excellent suggestions.We have alot of vegetarians on the forum.Do you eat eggs?
I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.I would love to do some more vegetarian recipes.Post your recipes there and I will convert them for you.Check out the recipe section like owensmath said.There are tons of recipes. ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lauren82.  Good luck with your journey from fat to skinny!!

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »
i am looking forward to more recipes from non meat eaters.  i will never give it up totally but would like to eat less of it, especially red meat.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »
I'm working on a handful of tuna recipe conversions.

I've been using natural whey protein mixed in "mashed potatoes", eggs and things and drinking one daily of the Biggest Loser Designer Whey blueberry 2Go protein packs in water. I put it into a quart of water as opposed to 8 ounces though. I think the net carbs work out to only one. Has anyone else tried them? 40 calories, 6 protein, 7 carbs and 6 fiber.

It's difficult getting enough volume in a recipe without the animal protein or tofu because generally the vegetable portion has to be cut down to keep the carb count low. I made a raw zucchini and garlic fettuccine and mixed the whey protein into the Bertoli Alfredo sauce. I used less than 1/3 of a cup though. Also a raw zucchini hummus and stirred in some whey for protein. Good as a salad dressing too.

Tofu is a great meat substitute if you can eat soy. Being a breast cancer survivor and have been warned numerous times about large amounts of soy in my particular situation, so I'm looking for some other options.

I'd love to have some filling, low carb, non-meat recipes too if anyone has some. Why reinvent the wheel?
Jeremiah 29:11-14

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »
The shiritaki noodles are yam root and puried tofu.Do you eat eggs and fish?

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
Very little eggs Umpa, and fish, rarely, maybe some tuna once a week. I've been pretty much vegetarian for the last few years but it's packing weight on me, especially the daily carrot juice!! Yikes!! I'm certainly open to ideas :) It's very difficult for me to eat animal protein.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Go to ask umpa and type in a request for vegetarian dishes.It will bring all the vegetarians out on the forum.I will think on it and get back to you ;)

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »
Ahm thank you so much. You are a precious spirit! I like things pretty simple so I'm sure I'll find some things there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:38:00 AM by CaliGirl »

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 12:41:06 PM »
good luck and i hope u find success in ur mission, keep us posted

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 01:25:20 AM »
Thank you Keke,
No luck in the Ask Umpa board for vegetarian recipes. I'm shopping around other WOE and diet sites for recipes that I can either use as is or convert to FTS. In the meantime there are adequate meals for the short term to not get bored. Even if I don't find one more recipe, I've subsided on nothing but protein shakes for 5 months to lose weight in the past. Doug and Umpa have built in so much variety in this plan - this is way more comfortable. There is always a way to make something work when I want it badly enough! Thanks for the encouragement! 

I want to encourage you too, not to wait to start this new way of eating. Whether you're concerned about detox, or the initial cost to replace already purchased groceries (which was my issue), maybe start with one FTS meal and snacks for a day or two. Then do two meals per day, then three until you are 100% on the plan. If detox from sugar is a concern, maybe this would help to gradually reduce the sugar intake. Detox is nothing to fear, it's cleansing. You'll be on the path to health so much sooner and maybe even drop 7 or more pounds by the 17th!  I haven't weighed yet but I can feel a difference in my clothes and bath towel! Every day we wait is a day further from our goal!  Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:42:23 AM by CaliGirl »

joagain

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »
caligirl you just said it perfectly ! But it will only work when YOU want it too,& when YOU make your mind up . Only Keke will kknow when that is .I learned that finally , Thank God !
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:29:14 AM by joagain »