Author Topic: just starting ... update! 5lbs 3 days!!!  (Read 11480 times)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
just starting ... update! 5lbs 3 days!!!
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
Hi Everyone

I picked up all of the Fat to Skinny books and Im excited to start!!

I did a weigh in with my cast (broken ankle) of 228lbs ... but Im still starting ... I go to doctors to get weighed without cast this week so I'll use that as my proper weight

Im so excited about this!! My weight has fluctuated my entire life with being 240 in highschool to 130 college/mid 20s ... and I like Doug attributed my weight loss to just being so busy w work in my early 20s and always on the go .... then I moved home and ballooned ... really hoping this way of eating works for me.

I'll try and take some before pictures and post ... and after pics. Ive bought a goal dress already and this weekend am going to go through house and toss all that sugar!

Ive been keeping a diary of what Ive been eating up until now on daily basis ... then converted to sugar .... I wanted to vomit. I can't even look at most of the foods Ive loved now without getting a bit of a stomach toss.

My goal weight is 140. Im going to do it!! Look forward to sharing stories and successes with everyone here!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:20:45 AM by nikiniki9doors »

friedpie

• View Profile
Re: just starting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 02:07:23 PM »
You go girl!!!!!!

And post a picture of that killer dress too.

Friedpie

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
Welcome, Niki. Great attitude. I hope your ankle soon heals.
I'm with you on the sugar - that image of eating a cup of sugar with a spoon comes into my mind and I feel ill. Keep us posted on your progress!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum Niki, you have come to the right place. 

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
thanks everyone ... I really hope this works for me!! I want to show my mom this is possible as well as she's overweight and has type 2 diabetes ... hopefully I can get her to join in and help her live a longer life!!

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
Welcome and your attitude is wonderful...
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:33 PM »
Hi Niki, welcome to the family! Tell your Mom you have a friend, an author who's cured his own type 2 diabetes who'd like to speak to her.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
Welcome Niki, so glad you found your way here.  Looking forward to sharing your success ;D ;D ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
Re: just starting ... update!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 11:57:01 AM »
3 days!!!!! and im down 5 LBS!!!!!

Insane!!!! This really does work!!! I hope it keeps coming off at this rate! If so I figure 1lb a day and I could be my goal weight in 80 days lol

The cravings are starting to subside although Im still getting headaches when I go to bed but I researched a bit more online and thats apparently common for first week

With this diet Im eating food that I love ... I love chicken and cheese (and I am portion controlling and weighing foods) and spinach lol ... and honestly Im a pretty basic eater when it comes to food ... I was just eating all the wrong ones ...

question is .... I have an app on my iphone which calculates my total net carbs based on what im eating .... and Im only eating about 5 net carbs a day with my food choices ... is that ok?? or should I be eating closer to the 20??

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: just starting ... update! 5lbs 3 days!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
The rule is no more than 20.....if you're happy eating 5 that's fine. You have lots of stored carbs to burn up..... Congrats on a good start and don't be in a hurry....it will all come off  ;)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
Thanks Doug!!! Really ... your book ... I don't know how everyone doesnt have a copy of it!! Even my skinny friends!

AND I do not cook ... I hate it .... but honestly this way of eating has inspired me to get into the kitchen and prepare and make my own food ... thats a first for me! I think the last time I actually cooked a sit down meal for me or anyone else was 2yrs ago and before that about the same ... Ive always done takeout or ate at restaurants .. or lived off bread products.

I will post pics and recipes this weekend of my creations :)

owensmath

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
Niki, the same transformation happened to me! I hated to cook before. I love it now! I can cook stuff at home that tastes so much better than what I can order in a restaurant! It's amazing how this new lifestyle has permeated so many aspects of my life. I have even learned a lot about supplements, herbs, vitamins and such...so cool....

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »
Niki, the same transformation happened to me! I hated to cook before. I love it now! I can cook stuff at home that tastes so much better than what I can order in a restaurant! It's amazing how this new lifestyle has permeated so many aspects of my life. I have even learned a lot about supplements, herbs, vitamins and such...so cool....

definitely!!! My mother looks at me weird bc I asked if she could take me grocery shopping (broken ankle cant do it on my own) ... her response ... you? grocery store? really? interesting. haha

change is good. change is positive. for the first time in my life I actually feel like this is a sustainable lifestyle ... Im not starving myself thin ... or doing other stupid irresponsible things to get thin ... Hope is a beautiful thing and motivating as well. And seeing immediate results on the scale! even better!

Im so excited about this and my gf that turned me onto the book is a great motivator she lost 12lbs first week if I recall

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »
You will be amazed at the money you're saving cooking for yourself! Have you invited your girlfriend to join the forum yet?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »
Niki I will teach you anything you wanna know about cooking,just ask. ;)
Then you can blow your mom away making her dinner! :D