Author Topic: Blew it!  (Read 5293 times)

becky

• View Profile
Blew it!
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:20:40 AM »
Ok, so I totally blew it at lunch today  :(  Does the whole detox take 3 weeks again?  I was craving something...which is weird since I've had zero cravings, and I caved!  I need some encouragement...please  :)

owensmath

Re: Blew it!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:33:56 AM »
Basically, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on the horse! Think about how you feel when you resist the urge, and how proud of yourself you are when you don't give in. That feels better than some nasty poison on your lips for a few seconds.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »
OK Becky, tell us the juicy details....what did you eat at lunch?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »
All will be well.This is not a diet, its a lifestyle. Just start again.What did you eat?You do need to address your cravings. ;)Don't go without anything just ask umpa and we will replace it ;)

becky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
Ugh...I will confess!  I had a big mac mealfrom Mc donalds.   I was definitely craving ketchup and I caved for a WHOLE stinkin' meal....boo!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
Becky:  Don't beat yourself up and get right back to the program.  Did you read Doug's previous post on how to eat at Burger King?  Here is a link to that thread:
http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=489.msg3389#msg3389
If it is ketchup you need and want to put it on your hamburg pattie try the Walden Farms 0 net carb ketchup, put some in a small container in your purse if you know you will be out and possibly stopping for lunch.  You could also carry a tortilla and trash the bun and put your meat with the zero carb ketchup, with the salad on the side.  Just try to plan ahead if you are going to be away from home, just in case you get caught off guard, you are prepared.  Hope this helps.  Not sure if I welcomed you to the forum yet, but welcome and good luck.

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Don't give up Becky!  It's not like you ate a batch of brownie's.  I had McDonald's for lunch today as well.  I ordered two double cheeseburgers no ketchup.
I took them out of the buns and wrapped them in a La Tortilla.  I was full and satisfied afterward.  Tomorrow's a new day.  Hang in there.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »
I know salad doesn't replace a burger and fries but McDonald's bacon-ranch salad with grilled chicken is really good if you need to do fast food.  I get it with Caesar dresssing which I use sparingly ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

becky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
Thank you all for the encouragement and great ideas!  I've been doing so great, and the kids wanted the toys (Strawberry Shortcake and skateboards) in the Happy Meals at Micky D's, and I gave in.  Today was a new day, and instead of giving in, I started afresh.  I can't explain how easy this way of eating has been for me.  I've lost 6 lbs in three weeks, but after Doug's post on Splenda, I see why I haven't lost anymore.  I need to just learn to drink water!!!!  ::) :P :-\

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 05:08:12 AM »
Hey heinz makes reduced sugar ketchup!  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »
I agree with the family, don't beat yourself up :) Now let's deal with the issue so we don't face it again. First buy some sugar free ketchup and leave a bottle in your purse. That way it's right there when you need it. Of course you'll need to check the "refrigerate after opening" label. Now for the fries.....next time the children want the happy meal toys move forward and buy the meal or even two of them.....then go to the park with the kids and feed the bun and fries to the birds! The kids and you will have fun and so will you :)

Don't you worry Becky one of the great things about being a member of the FTS family is accountability and support.... hang in there  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »
The Heinz reduced sugar ketchup is very good, a staple at our house.  Also the Mt. Olive sugar-free pickles and relish are excellent too, we have that locally but I just saw it on Netrition for $2.19.  :)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2