Author Topic: THEY ARE INSANE!!!  (Read 7367 times)

owensmath

THEY ARE INSANE!!!
« on: October 12, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »
So, my uncle went to have an angiogram (heart test, is that what it's called?) and they kept him and did open heart/double bypass the next morning. He also has diabetes. In order to even get to his heart, they had to remove a large chunk of fat that had developed on top of his heart. YUCK!!!  Well, after the surgery, his blood sugar was going above 400 consistently. I asked my mom, "What are they feeding him?" FREAKING MASHED POTATOES WITH HIS LUNCH!!!! and GRAPES!!!!!!  I told her to mention to the nurses that they may want to "revisit" his meal plan considering they were trying to get his sugar under control. Here's a thought: STOP PUTTING POISON INTO HIM! duh
Are you kidding me? And, these are the professionals into whose hands we place ourselves. NICE.

Ok, rant is over...I must go check my Gary's bakery crackers that are baking and then put my pumpkin muffins into the oven.

TA TA FOR NOW !!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: THEY ARE INSANE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:33 PM »
Just another reason I am not fond of hospitals!

I'm surprised they were not mega-dosing your uncle with Metformin via IV to lower his blood sugar.

Medicine is geared toward treating symptoms after the fact.

Rather than limit (or remove) foods that CAUSE blood sugar to rise, they tend to use the USDA's food so-called healthy food pyramid and medications to offset those foods' effects.

Sources of carb starches (sugars) form the pyramid's foundation.
If the foundation of anyone's diet is starch (sugar), weight and blood glucose problems are bound to happen.
If our hospitals are ignorant of this, is it any wonder our country has an obesity epidemic?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:33:24 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
They were giving him mega doses of insulin.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
Hope all goes well for your uncle Owensmath.  The high blood sugar sounds pretty scary!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
I too hope all goes well for your uncle.

Large doses of insulin are usually given to someone who is Type 1 diabetic like my father-in-law.
Is your uncle Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic?

Someone should talk to his doctor about putting him on a low-carb regimen.
If he's Type 2, it may be possible to reverse the illness.

You and your uncle are in my prayers.

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
He is type 2 diabetic. I just think that his doctors and nurses have put the cart before the horse and they took the wheels off the cart so it won't roll!!! DINGBATS!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
Owensmath I hope everything turns out ok for him . What is wrong with the docs these days . I am beginning to think it is just to sale meds /insulin . When Tyler was diagnosed at 10 years old with type 1 they sent him home wiith a meal plan of 75 carbs a meal & 3-15 carb snacks a day ,of course he gained weight . So I asked the doc shouldnt we go down to like 45 (this was before I heard of FTS ) she said you can but if he wants 75 just give him more insulin .  IT IS CRAZYYYYY
 But you know waht more carbs = more insulin=more $$$$$

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:54:44 PM »
I KNOW what they would TRY to feed me if I was in the hospital. I tend to be a very recalcitrant patient they wouldnt get me to eat anything I didnt want.  ::)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »
Hospitals are the worst,the fattest people I have met in my life are doctors and nurses. ;)

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
Yesterday we drove past the local Health Department and saw three of the nurses/health workers out back on a smoke break. It was rather ironic.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
Yesterday we drove past the local Health Department and saw three of the nurses/health workers out back on a smoke break. It was rather ironic.

I would say "typical" rather than ironic.

When it comes to health (as most anything else), the government tells us what to do but they seem unable to practice what they preach. For example, take the new healthcare law... Congress made sure they were exempted from it's effects while telling us how "wonderful" it will be for the rest of us.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended who feels good about this new law.
But life has given me enough wisdom to always mistrust the government... I've been burnt too many times!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.. first of all, why dont they have him on a diabetic diet? Second, WTH is wrong with these "professionals"?  UGH.. I hope he recoops real quick and well I think Owen you need to have  FTS talk with him.. 
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Sounds to me like your uncle needs some hopital bed reading material  ;)  Wishing him well, he'll be in my prayers.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:14:11 AM »
Prayers for healing to your Uncle, and for peace, strength and wisdom to the rest of the family. If he's on steroids that could be bumping up his sugars. All the more reason to stop filling him full of sugars.  He's blessed to have you Owensmath!
Jeremiah 29:11-14

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »
That is THE diabetic diet Alex lol.