Author Topic: Cream Beef Gravy  (Read 18950 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Cream Beef Gravy
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »
Thanks for the tip Mouseissue - I just spent $10.00 for a 2 package sample of Miracle Noodles! Yikes! This is a much better deal. I see the Asian Grocer has has Konnyaku yam cakes too. Have you and your wife tried them? I wonder if they can be sliced and layered to make lasagna?

We haven't tried the yam cakes yet. I imagine you could slice them for lasagna.
The site has real-time chat ability (or phone at 1-888-482-2742) so you could ask them when they are open (8 am -4:30 pm Pacific Time). If in no rush, you could e-mail them at Info@AsianFoodGrocer.com.

I also found "lasagna size" noodles at http://www.konjacfoods.com/product/7.htm although I have not tried them. I would imagine they are all pretty much the same. The difference is in price and selection.
What you do today is what matters!

friedpie

• View Profile
shiratake noodles
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 04:46:24 AM »
Mouseissue, you're supposed to cook the noodles before adding them to the dish?  (Hummm, that could be the problem.....)

Friedpie

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
Thank you again! Pasta was a major staple in the pre-FTS diet (gee wonder why I gained so much weight). This will help tremendously!
Jeremiah 29:11-14

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: shiratake noodles
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »
Mouseissue, you're supposed to cook the noodles before adding them to the dish?  (Hummm, that could be the problem.....)

Friedpie

Hi Friedpie,  :)

Whether or you parboil (pre-cook) the noodles before serving really depends on the recipe your preparing and noodle consistency that you personally prefer.
It's not a problem but a matter of taste.... Feel free to experiment.
One word of caution, overcooking noodles from the konjac plant (i.e. glucomannan) is possible so be careful.
What you do today is what matters!

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
Sea Tangle makes a kelp noodle, no carbs and no calories. I like them pretty well. Mixed up a salad with kelp noodles, slivered scallions, julienne zucchini, thin strips of kale, and albacore, with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

friedpie

• View Profile
Chipped beef gravy on toast
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
First time for me to use the xanthum gum so wasn't sure how this was going to turn out for me.  I just changed the hamburger to chipped beef, added some worcestershire sauce and viola.  My husband is the real test, said it was pretty good and I could make it again. 
Success!!

Friedpie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »
Caligirl i am trying to buy Kelp noodles but the shipping is like $17.Where do you buy yours?By the way Caligirl havent seen your recipe entered in my contest.  ;D

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19:53 PM »
Umpa,
You can get the kelp noodles by the case from Sea Tangle www.kelpnoodles.com. I hear this is the best brand out there but I haven't tried any others so couldn't say. The customer service rep told me about $12 to ship to NC. I bought mine from www.rawfoodworld.com because I wasn't sure I would like them. They charge by the pound for shipping. Hope this helps. 

My recipe? No recipes. I just dig around in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator until I find something that I feel like having and try to pick out an interesting combination of things that might go well together. No measurements when it comes to high water content, green vegetables. Just reasonable amounts.