Author Topic: Easy 1 Net Carb Foccocia Style Flax Bread (12 servings)  (Read 31914 times)

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
Re: Easy 1 Net Carb Foccocia Style Flax Bread (12 servings)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »
Izzet
This looks wonderful. I've been wanting a veggie sandwich on toasted bread which was a pre-FTS lunch staple. Question - did the batter rise much?

Joagain - I'll be interested to hear how the loaf pan worked. I'm with you and was thinking maybe in a cookie sheet if the bread didn't rise too much.

Once again Izzet you rocked the recipes!! Thanks so much.  8)
Jeremiah 29:11-14

joagain

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »
Caligirl I made it the first time in a cookie sheet and then cut it the size of a peice of bread . It rose just enough to be a thin peice of bread .
Tonight I did half the recipe in the small loaf pan and it was about 2 inchs high so not enough for a sandwich butter I put some butter on it when it came out of the oven and it was delicious !!!!!
 I will make it on the cookie sheet from now on so that I can toast it .The whole recipe fills a large cookie sheet spray it good .
I love the bread ! Have you tried the flax crackers man those are great !

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Joagain
Sorry to ask more questions  :-[
When you made it on the cookie sheet was it stable like a slice of bread or did it easily break apart?

This bread sounds so amazing. Gosh, grilled cheese again. I may go make some later this evening.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:45:54 PM by CaliGirl »

bevxx

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
 ;D i'll have a go at this bread tomorrow..i need ingredients...x

joagain

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 05:18:26 AM »
Bevxx you need to try it very good !!
 Caligirl it was pretty stable the ones on the ends were alittle thinner because I did not spread it out enough but I could put them in the toaster fine . Or make a sandwich .  The ones I made in the loaf pan if I had made the whole recipe maybe it would have been bigger (taller ) but still would not have been as big as a peice of bread .

So Caligirl make full recipe use cookie sheet spray real good with Pam ,and just even it out it dont have to cover the whole sheet just make sure it is even ,well as even as you can get it . I think I am going to try to toast my little peices now or may make some french toast !! ;D ;D
                           Jo

bevxx

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 07:52:28 AM »
 ;D just cooked it..lol..forgot to let it cool before i tasted it..so..it tasted like a fuuny omelette....i let it cook on 200c .for 30 minutes...just letting the rest cool before i have another taste.....ahh well...i'm not a chef yet...x

joagain

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »
Bevxx it is 350 for 20-30 min if you do on cookie sheet it is 15-25 mins

bevxx

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »
 ;D ;Dand i had to go to two different supermarkets..the first one suggested i go to america as its an 'american' recipe for flaxseed...but the second one had it on organic section....x

bevxx

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
 ;Ddo you mean 350f ..i use a centigrade oven....x

joagain

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
Yes oh Ok sorry bevxx

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »

So Caligirl make full recipe use cookie sheet spray real good with Pam ,and just even it out it dont have to cover the whole sheet just make sure it is even ,well as even as you can get it . I think I am going to try to toast my little peices now or may make some french toast !! ;D ;D
                           Jo

Jo Thanks so much!! I just ordered 2 silicone muffin pans to make the bread in since it will be a standard item for me. One pan makes square muffins and the other one round. Each cup measures 6 inches. I cannot wait to get them! This will help me standardize the sizes of the bread slices for carb count and portion (I tend to cheat otherwise  :-\) . I cannot wait to get them!! Plus with silicone they should pop right out without the added oil or cooking spray.  Also found a video that shows exactly how to make this so that helps too!! I'm going to try making it later using 1 cup flax and 1 cup almond. I'll see what happens! Have a great Sunday!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:24:44 AM by CaliGirl »

bevxx

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »
 :D it tastes less eggy today after i let it cool overnight....x

joagain

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
When you make your bread do you keep it in the fridge or  ziplock bag ? What about the flax crackers do they need to be in the fridge ?
I just made another batch of bread on my cookie sheet and it smells so good . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
I don't know about Izzet ,but I keep my bread on counter in ziplocs or tupperware. ;) It doesn't last long though,I eat it everyday! :D

vlinder

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »
WOW!   ;D  And YUM YUM YUM!!  Made this today, after only finding the flaxseed "grit", I treated myself to an early Christmas present and bought a mini grinder too and made my own flaxmeal...  ;)  And it was so worth it! ;)
I love the taste, had never had flaxseed before.  It's SO filling and sooooooooo lovely.

(BEVX.... My oven is also in celsius, bake it at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes!)