Author Topic: Izzet's Bread  (Read 14150 times)

joagain

Izzet's Bread
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:27:10 PM »
I halfed the recipe then spread out on a baking sheet (13  x 9) baked for 15 minuites . I got 8 slices out of it I guess I could have got more if I wanted small peices of bread . Then I toasted me a peice and it was very good .Thank you izzet I have been missing my toast with me eggs . My eggs have 0 carbs so I guess this bread has 0 carbs . ;D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Izzet's Bread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
Jo, there are .6 carbs per 1/2 tsp. in baking powder.  If you halved the recipe I think that is 1.8 for the whole recipe.  Just remember portion control.  I also made this and enjoyed having "toast" to dunk in my eggs.  Enjoy!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
Shihtzumom1 wouldnt it be just .6 for the baking powder what else has carbs ? I know I am going to limit myself to 1 peice for breakfast . I do have to watch how much of the free stuff I eat .

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:22:45 PM »
Jo, I think this is right.  There was 1 tablespoon of baking powder in Izzet's recipe.  I checked on-line and there are approx. 3 tsp. in 1 tblsp.  Baking powder has .6 per 1/2 tsp. so that would be x 6 = 3.60 for the baking powder for the full recipe and you made half so that would be 1.8.  OMG you have to be a mathematician to do this.  So divide the 1.8 by 8 slices and you get .225 per slice.  Not really much but still not 0 and all of these little carbs do add up.  As far as portion control goes, we don't want to overdo on any 1 thing or we are getting back into bad old habits.  Hope this helps.

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »
Way to go Jo...so glad you enjoyed it...it's not my bread just a recipe I found but since I posted it I guess I can claim it. lol ;)  You could also add spices to it to change the flavor and you can also add flavoring like banana and other flavors. 

I found these non-alcoholic flavorings on amazon and went to their site to see the nutritional value.  I will post a separate post about these.

http://www.barryfarm.com/flavorings.htm]
[url]http://www.barryfarm.com/flavorings.htm
[/url]
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

joagain

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
Well as far as i am concerned it is yours you gave it to me . LOL My husband came home from work & believe it or not he ate a peice of it toasted and liked it . He also ate cauli rice . maybe he is coming around .

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »
That's great Jo that he is trying new things.  My husband has been very good about eating most of the food that I eat.  He really enjoyed the turnip fries that I made last night. 

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
Did you use parmesan on them? I made some last week with parmesan and they were yummy!

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
Where would I find the recipe foe Izzet's Bread?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

Rena

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
Where would I find the recipe foe Izzet's Bread?
http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1341.msg12118#msg12118

Thank you! I'm showing this to my husband. For him, the hardest part of FTS is BREAD. He loves it and misses it like a long, long friend.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
Rena, I make it on a cookie sheet now so it is the thickness of a piece of bread.

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
I make it on a large cookie sheet so it spreads out more and is the perfect thickness for a thin slice of bread.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
Wow Owensmath 77 lbs!!  WTG!!

Rena

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips on the cookie sheet. We'll definitely have to try this. Bread is what Rick misses most. I can take it or leave. Chocolate is another story! Thank God for sugar-free chocolate!  ;D