Author Topic: What cha been eatin??????  (Read 6110 times)

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
What cha been eatin??????
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »
My hubby and I are on day 2 and are starting to see the difficulty of staying under 20 carbs a day.....................  :-\
I have been studying the book but am cutting it close daily.
so my questions is..............
what have you guys been eating????
THANKS!!!!
weight loss Center is your best free resource for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What cha been eatin??????
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
In the beginning I kept things pretty basic, mainly because it took me a while to figure out where to buy things.  I ate meat, cheese, eggs, salads, veggies.  I made cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and experimented with a few of the simple recipes in the book and on the forum.  I think the first one I tried was the lasagna made with strips of zucchini as the "noodles".  I had on hand some Russell Stover SF chocolates, pork rinds and almonds (which I find I don't need very often now).  I did as Doug suggested and put a snack tray in the fridge for a quick grab if needed. It was great when I finally found the LaTortillas (use for wraps, pizza crust, put 1/4 in toaster to have with breakfast) and the GG Bran Crispbread helped to make you feel like you have eaten more than vegetables (I needed this, not everyone does).  I love the recipe for One Minute muffins as it is a very versatile recipe.  My favourite is making pancakes out of the batter with SF syrup.  I waited until I had lost a bit of weight to experiment with the recipes for treats, just because at first I didn't know if I could trust myself to control how much I ate.  Everyone is different.  I try not to eat the same thing all the time so I don't get bored.  It will take you a little bit to find your groove, but once you do it is smooth sailing.  The craves are gone and you have satisfying meals and enjoy some special FTS treats and the pounds will come off.  Good luck, I hope this helps. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
thedaltons6,

I believe keeping your new F2S lifestyle simple at first is the best approach for the first couple of weeks.
I did this and it helped me a bunch!

During that time, your body will be detoxing from sugar.
And during detox, you may crave carbs even more than you did before (I know I sure did!).

So having plenty of simple, tasty, low-carb snacks around is VERY important.
Try to make as many of them as you can, at or near 0 carb (e.g. meat, cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc.).
When you feel a strong urge to eat... Have a snack!

Be sure to drink LOTS OF WATER!!!
Water makes detox and weight loss so much easier!
Often we are just thirsty, but we mistake it for hunger.
When you think hunger strikes, have a glass of water and see if you're still hungry 5 minutes later.
What you do today is what matters!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
1. High whey protein shake, 0 carb, with 8 oz unsweetened almond milk (1 carb) and 1 scoop of veggie protein
2. 2 carb protein bars to snack on during work
3. Snack on almonds, walnuts and pork rinds
4. Steak, chicken with broccoli, spinach for dinner or hamburger w pickles/tomatoe
5. Sugarfree 0 carb chocolates in moderation
6. Miracle brownies 1.5 carbs each
7. Easy 1 carb foccocia style flax seed bread
8. Spinach bread made with flax seed instead of almond meal
9. Eggs n bacon (SF)
10. Chicken salad
11. Deviled Eggs
12. I use all Walden farms condiments that are carb, calorie, and sugar free
11. Carbsmart ice cream bars (3 carbs)
12. Ice coffee w/sugar free syrup 1-2 carbs
13. Sugar free pancake mix w/ sugar free syrup (occasionally)

That should give you a good list. I tend too automate my meals and make something new once in a while.  I find that I am usually around 10-15 net carbs or less.  At first I was hungry all the time and had a difficult time staying at 20 net carbs but after I got past the sugar detox and started loosing weight my need to snack and eat all the time diminished.  That was a behavioral change that needed to happen and I just keep myself busy.  Nuts are very filling as is the flax bread.  I use to eat the GG Brancrips but 2 was 4 carbs I didn't want to sacrifice so I eat the flax bread now, instead.

One of the biggest things you need to be aware of is portion size!  Stick to the serving size listed.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:28:20 AM »
WOW!!  you guys are awsome!!!  thanks for your help!
I do have a few more questions.
izzet
where or what is the name of the protien shake. I love having them oin the morning but the one I have now is NOT fts approved.
whats the name of your pancake mix???
 Shihtzumom1
I have been searching for rs candies but cant find any sugar free ones that are fts approved
mouseissue
this detox is killing me...thanks for the advise...im gonna push up the water!
thanks guys!
weight loss Center is your best free resource for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]

joagain

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 08:34:39 AM »
The pancake mix is the BOMB !!!!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
The pancakes are not a mix, they are just a variation of the One Minute Muffin.  I posted the pancakes on page 4 of that thread.  The only thing I do differently now is I add a splash of heavy cream to the batter.  I hope you enjoy them.  Let me know.  http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=968.0
I find the Russell Stover SF chocolates at my Pharmacy.  I have seen them in other Pharmacies here and in Buffalo, they come in green bags.  If you can't find them, ask.  They usually stock things for diabetics so I'm sure they must have them.  Good luck with your search.

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »
I buy my 0 carb protein mix from either vitaminshoppe, amazon.com or netrition.com depending on which price is lower.  0 Carb Isopure pineapple orange banana is the bomb!

http://sweettoothsalvation.blogspot.com/2010/10/isopure-zero-carb-whey-protein-pinapple.html

I use Maple Grove Farms all natural Sugar Free Pancake mix which is 6 net carbs for 1/3 cup of dry mix and that's all I use and get 2 large pancakes which is enough.  I don't eat these but once in a while on Sunday with sugar free syrup.  It doesn't give the measurements on the box for that serving size so used 1 egg and 1tsp of oil and added water until I got the consistency I wanted.  I'll have to check the other pancake recipes on the forum but this was quick and easy. lol  I found this at my Kroger grocery but most stores don't carry it.  Check your diabetic/diet aisle or pancake mixes.

I get my SF candies from Walmart and Walgreens. The french mint are 0 net carbs and most of the others are only 1 or 2 net carbs.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:55:26 PM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
Just for the record................... I think I could fall over from this detox!!!  uugh! Im so miserable!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Just for the record................... I think I could fall over from this detox!!!  uugh! Im so miserable!!

Hang in there! I promise you'll wake up in a week or so and it will just be gone. You are breaking a very strong physical addiction.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
We are all here cheering you on thedaltons6.  Just take it one meal at a time.  It will pass before you know it.

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »
thedalton i know exactly what u mean my detox was terribbillle man i want to just eat sugar to fix the problem...but once u get past the detox u will feel better but gettin under 20 carbs...im not going to lie.it does seems like it is very hard to stay under 20net carbs...im still trying to figure that out myself

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
it takes alittle planning to stay under twenty, and stocking your fridge with zeros . ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
thedalton i know exactly what u mean my detox was terribbillle man i want to just eat sugar to fix the problem...but once u get past the detox u will feel better but gettin under 20 carbs...im not going to lie.it does seems like it is very hard to stay under 20net carbs...im still trying to figure that out myself

Umpa's got it right on!... Keep 0 carb snacks (of all kinds) handy so you can eat without impacting the 20 carb limit.
It took me a while to get it consistently below 20 a day.

What also helped me A LOT was logging EVERYTHING I ate, how much, and when.
This helped me identify eating patterns so that I could prepare myself.
After a while by being prepared, I found on most days I had eaten well under 20 carbs by evening.
This allowed "room" for those ocassional nights I'd have a tasty desert and stay under 20.
Now, I still log what I eat to insure I stay under the "magic 20" but it's much easier to do it.  :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
 Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: umpa on: Today at 07:35:31 AM » Quote Reply Remove   

This is a email I got from the dalton6!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks umpa!!
We were struggling at first I think the detox and withdrawl has been the biggest issue!
We are just concentrating on the food and water..
Great news!
My hubby and I are doing this together and since last week we have lost 12 lbs...each!!
I cant believe it! Please relay that to Doug for me!
We have a cruise in December sao it will be exciting to see where we are then!
Thanks a bunch!!!
Dawn