Author Topic: extra benefits  (Read 1723 times)

owensmath

extra benefits
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:36:21 PM »
I noticed today that there are many benefits to my FTS lifestyle that I didn't really think about before. I had a custodian at my school ask me how I"m losing the weight and is it helping my diabetes b/c she is also diabetic. So, I told her about the website so she can find out some information and check with her doctor. She's on several medications and I told her to learn about it and then talk to her doctor.
Secondly, we took our 6th grade students outside for a 20 minute break today and I said, "Ok, who's walking with me today?" and I had 5 kids walk laps with me the whole break. While walking, some of them said, "Mrs. Owens, for some reason every time I come to your math class, I crave water!" It's funny because I drink water constantly and they see it. I even encourage them to bring their bottles and refill them at the water fountain.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: extra benefits
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
Owensmath that is great!  They always say "lead by example" and you definitely are an inspiration to those around you.  These kinds of lessons will stay with your students for a lifetime. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:39:54 PM »
owensmath,

I hope your custodian joins our F2S family.
Some doctors are open minded about nutrition and are willing to look at different approaches.
Hopefully, her doctor will give her the "green light" to make F2S her lifestyle.
I thank God mine did!

One day, some of those kids will thank you for teaching them to drink water.
I KNOW they will have better health because of it.

Thank you for being such a wonderful example for our youth!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
Owensmath you are too cool! You have to walk your talk as teachers and parents, it really is that easy!You do a great job my friend! ;D ;D ;D