Author Topic: How to change sugar to sugar free in your recipes  (Read 4194 times)

travelus

• View Profile
How to change sugar to sugar free in your recipes
« on: October 23, 2010, 12:35:59 AM »
Hi
A lot of recipes calls for Splenda which well say half cup but to change it, how much sugar of stevia  well I need to use?  Or if it call for whole cup of Splenda  how much stevia is need? Or 4 packets of sugar is how much stevia? 

Then sometime it call for liquid sugar and I do not have any so how much stevia well I need?

Thanks for all the help you give us! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to change sugar to sugar free in your recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »
I find stevia in liquid (coffee) for me( I have a sweet tooth) to be the same as sugar.Xylitol I cut in half, and if there are other sweet ingredients i cut it more.The best thing to do is add it slowly and taste. ;)
Be careful with the carbquick product,lots of carbs. ;)

travelus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
Thank Umpa

This is a big help, like I stated early I know how to cook but now I want to enjoy it a little better.
And since I have change the way I look at food thanks To Doug, that mean change in cooking as well.
But you are a big help to us all, and thanks for being there for us all. I keep finding recipes that call for Splenda
and when I post them to the group I try not to change anything, I'm hoping that there know to change to the sugar they Like to use. I learn from Doug that the Splenda is not good for you. But I try to find helpful recipes
to share with the group. And I want to do as much as my health well let me. That why I'm not able to be on the net as much. 2 - 3 times a month. I want so much to share something because I get so much help from
other people posts and I have 3 people beside me to buy the book. So I'm spread the words. And 2 are woman
in army. And one of them have her whole family eating this way.   

I made tonight some protein peanut butter bars I hope it turn out fine. We see in the moring ::)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:31:39 AM »
Please post away my friend!! I love reading other peoples recipes! I just try to fix the recipes because although you understand about splenda travelus,newbies may think it is okay. ;) I just posted my sugar cookies in the recipe section .Please let me know what you think :)