Author Topic: CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER CANDY  (Read 2806 times)

travelus

• View Profile
CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER CANDY
« on: October 23, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »
Here are some recipes using whey protein powders: That I found and hope to make in the future :

CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER CANDY
2 tablespoons butter *
1/4 cup natural peanut butter *
12 drops FTS ZERO Sweetener
1 cup chocolate whey protein powder *
1/4 cup Da Vinci sugar free syrup, French vanilla or caramel flavor

Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Blend in the peanut butter with a spoon until smooth then stir in the Splenda. Add the protein powder and mix as well as possible. It will be crumbly. Work in the syrup with a spoon until you end up with a glossy, sticky, caramel-like goo. Press this into a small non-stick foil lined container and freeze until firm enough to cut into serving size pieces, about 2 hours. Once it has frozen overnight, it will be very hard. You can eat it frozen, but it will be a lot more chewy. If you don't want to freeze it, keep it refrigerated but it will be very soft and kind of messy to eat.

Makes 4-8 servings
Can be frozen but must be thawed to eat

* I used Peter Pan No Sugar Added creamy peanut butter so I can't say for sure if natural peanut butter would work exactly the same. I used Designer Whey brand protein powder. Add a pinch of salt if you're using unsalted butter.

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 220 Calories; 15g Fat; 17g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 110 Calories; 7g Fat; 9g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

With liquid splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 214 Calories; 15g Fat; 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 107 Calories; 7g Fat; 9g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:20:52 AM by Doug Varrieur »