Author Topic: Biscotti  (Read 9449 times)

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
Biscotti
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
Umpa/Doug,
Does the new cookbook have a Biscotti recipe in it?
Jeremiah 29:11-14

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Biscotti
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:22:56 AM »
No dont think so maybe we will get one in the bakery book. Beebs LOVES Biscotti with her coffee~  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
I made chocolate biscotti and anise but I made them with soy.I am re doing the recipe right now for hazelnut flour instead.The soy just goes bitter too quick. :) Yes it will be in the bakery book.

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:35:43 AM »
Cool! I've been playing with a recipe but the almond flour is too heavy. I was wondering of Coconut flour would work better. I'll wait for the book  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
I had the same problem with the almond flour. I am convinced it is gonna be a mixture of flours,i just have to get the right combination.I have been working on this one all week! ;) My apron looks like one a mad scientist would wear!It is filthy! :D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
Giggle. I cant make anything cause I ran out of xylitol. What do you do with the stuff that doesnt turn out so good umpa?

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »
I had the same problem with the almond flour. I am convinced it is gonna be a mixture of flours,i just have to get the right combination.I have been working on this one all week! ;) My apron looks like one a mad scientist would wear!It is filthy! :D

Like a badge of honor, Sherrie!!   :D I'm sure they will be wonderful when you get it all worked out. Mine were almond with lemon zest but the anise . . . just like Nonna made!! Perfect for Christmas gifts! Thanks so much for all these great recipes.

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
Hi Umpa~
How's your biscotti recipe coming along and will it still be in the Bakery Book? I'm hoping to make some for Christmas for my dad and wondered what kind of flours/meal combination you ended up using so I can place my order now. [Gave up and decided to wait for your recipe.] ;).  I'm afraid if I wait too much longer I won't get the flours in time and wanted to get them on order. Thanks

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
I am having a huge problem with the dough.I have tried 6 times and failed.Today is my last try .I got close with soy flour so I am gonna try that with fresh ground nuts.I want that crunch of biscotti,if it isn't crunchy its not biscotti its just cookies!.I will let you know by the end of the day. ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »
I think the issue is alttitude.We are at 4ooo feet here in North Carolina.I went to the store yesterday and got some more supplies and will be back at it today Caligirl. Will let you know.Keep your fingers crossed! :D

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
I think the issue is alttitude.We are at 4ooo feet here in North Carolina.I went to the store yesterday and got some more supplies and will be back at it today Caligirl. Will let you know.Keep your fingers crossed! :D

I'm just below 3000, I wonder if that could have been "part" of my problem? (the other part being lack of skill  ;D)  Thanks for persevering with the cookies with everything else you have going on!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:13:02 PM by CaliGirl »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »
Finally success! I got it! It was a issue of size.I have to dip the tips this afternoon in chocolate and doug will take my pictures and then I will post them.Next carrot cake!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:58 PM »
Yay, biscotti, carrot cake and lemon meringue pie, all FTS friendly.  Life is good!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
Arghh! My printer is broken I cant print any recipes out.  :'(

CaliGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »
Finally success! I got it! It was a issue of size.
Good job!!  I wish my mess up was just a matter of size!  Can't wait to see them, Umpa! Dad may get them for Christmas after all!!