Author Topic: Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake..  (Read 26598 times)

shawn116

Re: Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake..
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
I have this in the oven now..  ;D  I can't wait to try it!!

owensmath

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
It is good after cooling, but it will rock your world after chilling overnight.

shawn116

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 07:03:43 AM »
Hmmm I'm not sure what I did wrong but mine came out a bit salty  :'(   I've looked back on the recipe to see what I might have done and the only thing I can think of is that I used butter instead of the butter flavored Crisco.  Of course it was salted butter too....LOL  "Face plant"  I should have been thinking and reduced the salt in the recipe.   :-\   If you are going to try this be careful.....  It was good enough to warrent a retry but sadly this one went in the trash  :P :P

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
Poor Toosweet :(

shawn116

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
It's ok....I probably didn't need it anyway   ::)  I was just jonesin for something Ooey Gooey   ;D

owensmath

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »
I used salted butter and it wAs fine. 

shawn116

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
Hmmm I don't know why mine was so salty then....I'm sure it was operator error....LOL  I bet I doubled up on the salt and didn't realize  ???  I can tell it will be wonderful once I get it sorted out.  The topping is wonderful, it's just the bottom crust is way to salty  :P  I'll try it again once I get more ingredients in the house. 

I was thinking this would be really good with maybe lemon flavoring to replace the vanilla....or topped with strawberries....Oh yummm 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
I thought chocolate toosweet :D

shawn116

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
Funny you say that Umpa....I sprinkled sugar free chocolate chips on mine...really makes me sad that the crust came out so salty  :'(   Like I said though...the top is yummy

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
I like a lot of flavor!  ;) My favorite bar cookie is still the Magic Bars I did in ask umpa.Well, the lemon squares were pretty good too but better with the Zero no tummy issues :D

shawn116

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »
better with the Zero no tummy issues

That is what I love also!!   :)  I have to watch out though...I have to have more self control with portions now  ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
Thats true TooSweet! :D

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake..
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »
Hmmm I don't know why mine was so salty then....I'm sure it was operator error....LOL  I bet I doubled up on the salt and didn't realize  ???  I can tell it will be wonderful once I get it sorted out.  The topping is wonderful, it's just the bottom crust is way to salty  :P  I'll try it again once I get more ingredients in the house. 

I was thinking this would be really good with maybe lemon flavoring to replace the vanilla....or topped with strawberries....Oh yummm 
Mine came out salty as well. Used the amount called for, with unsalted butter. I wonder if it depends on the kind of salt used? I use sea salt.

I think I will be making it again only use 1/8 or 1/4th teaspoon.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
Omit the salt ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
Umpa, I want to try this cake, because the other two I tried are awful, the chocolate cake came out bitter and floury tasting, and another one I tried came out eggy :\ so now, because of the two nasty cakes I made, I'm low on ingredients and can't afford to get more right now, can I sub the almond flour for coconut flour? And how much would I use if I do? Also, can I sub the zero for erythritol? And if so, how much would I use? I don't have Zero and my ez sweetz is gone, and I don't have enough almond to make 2 cups, all I have is coconut flour...thanks in advance! I'm excited to try it :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.