Author Topic: Yes, Fat to Skinny eating really works!  (Read 6405 times)

Skinny Sue

• View Profile
Yes, Fat to Skinny eating really works!
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
By the time I got my Fat to Skinny book and started the program, my weight had gone up from the weight posted on my diet ticker. So I had 54 pounds to lose.  Since Oct. 29, I've lost almost 6 pounds.  I've been a diet drop-out for at least the last 12 years.  Every time I dieted, I would quit because I was always hungry, grouchy, and obsessing about when I could eat again. And after the diet, my weight would increase at least 2 or more pounds. This is a huge thrill! Fat to Skinny works. It's doable. I'm learning to tweak the program to fit my needs. One of those is, not totally denying carbs that I like. I just eat a smaller, measured portion - and that way avoid binging from feeling deprived. God bless you, Doug!!!! And thanks for this forum to read other peoples' success stories.  It's definitely inspiring.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, Fat to Skinny eating really works!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
By the time I got my Fat to Skinny book and started the program, my weight had gone up from the weight posted on my diet ticker. So I had 54 pounds to lose.  Since Oct. 29, I've lost almost 6 pounds.  I've been a diet drop-out for at least the last 12 years.  Every time I dieted, I would quit because I was always hungry, grouchy, and obsessing about when I could eat again. And after the diet, my weight would increase at least 2 or more pounds. This is a huge thrill! Fat to Skinny works. It's doable. I'm learning to tweak the program to fit my needs. One of those is, not totally denying carbs that I like. I just eat a smaller, measured portion - and that way avoid binging from feeling deprived. God bless you, Doug!!!! And thanks for this forum to read other peoples' success stories.  It's definitely inspiring.

That's wonderful news Sue!!!

Your right!... This program makes for an easy-to-live-with lifestyle because you can tweak it so many ways without food obsessing or feeling deprived.

Now that I have found F2S, I'm NEVER going back to dieting followed by binge eating with inevitable weight gain.
Thanks to Doug, I will be living the F2S way the rest of my life!

I somehow missed your first posting. So here's a belated... Welcome to our family, SkinnySue!  :) :) :)

We are all in this together.
So if you every have a question or need some support, please let us know!
We LOVE to see others lose weight and get healthier and happier!
What you do today is what matters!

Skinny Sue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
Thank you for your welcome. And congratulations on your success, also!  You must already be experiencing the thrill of feeling like your clothes are too big....something I'm really looking forward to, also.  This sounds silly but I plan on wearing my "fat" clothes for a while just to experience the "roominess" and to show other people I've lost weight.  It sounds dorky but it's a huge motivator for me.  I gave my sister a Fat to Skinny book - so we're going to take each other's "before" picture to remember when we get skinny just how far we've come.  Thanks again - everyone is so supportive on here.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
Thank you for your welcome. And congratulations on your success, also!  You must already be experiencing the thrill of feeling like your clothes are too big....something I'm really looking forward to, also.  This sounds silly but I plan on wearing my "fat" clothes for a while just to experience the "roominess" and to show other people I've lost weight.  It sounds dorky but it's a huge motivator for me.  I gave my sister a Fat to Skinny book - so we're going to take each other's "before" picture to remember when we get skinny just how far we've come.  Thanks again - everyone is so supportive on here.

You're very welcome SkinnySue!

I am wearing clothes that were starting to get tight on me when I started F2S.
I'm "swimming" in most of them now.
Like my shirts sometimes getting caught on open drawers as I pass by them.

It drives my wife crazy!  >:( She wants me to go ASAP and buy smaller size clothes.
I do have some smaller size dressier clothes for going out so I don't embarrass her.

I get what you're saying about the "motivator" part of it though... I'm enjoying the extra room.
But soon, I will have to give in or look like my clothes came from Omar the Tent Maker and I will not notice them getting looser.

Other than the first two weeks, my weight loss has been slow, but it has been sure.
Feeling my clothes get looser helps to keep me going by reminding me that I'm getting smaller even if the scale doesn't tell me so.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:42:56 PM by mouseissue »

joagain

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »
I agree Tony my ring fell off my finger today even though my scale has not moved in weeks ! This is a great new way to eat no more addiction !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »
I agree Tony my ring fell off my finger today even though my scale has not moved in weeks ! This is a great new way to eat no more addiction !

That's great Jo.  :)
But I hope it wasn't your wedding ring!

My wedding ring is very loose now too.
I only wear it when I go out into public places (e.g. the store, doctor's, etc.) for fear of losing it.
But I am VERY aware that it's loose so I'm VERY careful what I do with my left hand.

I'll tell you a little story about what can happen with loose wedding rings...

When I got married to my first wife in 1973, I was overweight and my wedding ring was well fitted.

In 1980, I was working in one of the shipyards in Seattle.
At the time, I was in excellent physical condition.
Carrying steel up and down ladders every day will do that to you even if you're not low-carbing.

Anyway, I was wearing the wedding band from my first marriage when I was out steelhead trout fishing in the wintertime that year.
I was wearing wool gloves with the finger tips cut off to help keep my hands warm and still tie fishing knots.
My left glove got soaked with frigid river water when I landed a fish.
In a hurry to catch another, I quickly waded back out into the river to try again.
I was standing out in 3 feet of water in the river at the time and my freezing left hand did not feel the wedding band slip off my finger when I removed my left glove to wring it out. I only noticed it was missing as I was hiking out of the area with my fish.

After I told my first wife about it that night, I will never forget how angry she got.
I don't think she every really believed me.
My guess is that ring is still tucked in the rocks of that river to this day.

The moral of the story... Be very careful with loose wedding rings!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:39:29 PM by mouseissue »

joagain

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »
It is my wedding ring I am going to have to put some tape on it for now to make it smaller cause i want my hands & everything else  ;) ;) to keep getting smaller.
Wonder if someone has found your ring ?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »
It is my wedding ring I am going to have to put some tape on it for now to make it smaller cause i want my hands & everything else  ;) ;) to keep getting smaller.
Wonder if someone has found your ring ?

Sounds like a good temporary measure.  ;)

And I don't know if anyone every found my ring.
That river rises a bunch in late winter / early spring (often to and beyond flood stage).
When that happens logs and debris fly down the river so much so as to often change the river's course in some spots... So who knows?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:03:58 AM »
Skinnysue replace those carbs instead of eating them and it will accelerate your weight loss.I will help you.Thats why fat to skinny works is we don't take anything away we just replace everything.That way you don't add the food back in so you don't gain the weight back.Just go to the homepage  and ask umpa :)

Skinny Sue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:55 AM »
[
You're very welcome SkinnySue!

I am wearing clothes that were starting to get tight on me when I started F2S.
I'm "swimming" in most of them now.
Like my shirts sometimes getting caught on open drawers as I pass by them.

It drives my wife crazy!  >:( She wants me to go ASAP and buy smaller size clothes.
I do have some smaller size dressier clothes for going out so I don't embarrass her.

I get what you're saying about the "motivator" part of it though... I'm enjoying the extra room.
But soon, I will have to give in or look like my clothes came from Omar the Tent Maker and I will not notice them getting looser.

Other than the first two weeks, my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] has been slow, but it has been sure.
Feeling my clothes get looser helps to keep me going by reminding me that I'm getting smaller even if the scale doesn't tell me so.

Good point about the clothes getting TOO big!  Well, then there's always shopping for smaller clothes as a motivator.  Because right now, when I hold up clothes my current size when at the store, they always LOOK too big but then when I try them on, they fit!!! Yikes!

Love that story about fishing and losing your ring.  Maybe you've got a book in there - your writing is very good.

Skinny Sue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »
Skinnysue replace those carbs instead of eating them and it will accelerate your [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].I will help you.Thats why fat to skinny works is we don't take anything away we just replace everything.That way you don't add the food back in so you don't gain the weight back.Just go to the homepage  and ask umpa :)

Thank you!!! I'm feeling my way still a little bit but seriously motivated by my success. At a cookout yesterday, I had a hot dog with mustard but held the bun.  No feelings of deprivation - just mindfully eating and acknowledging the choices that lead to success!!!! God bless you and your husband for this book and this forum.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
Good point about the clothes getting TOO big!  Well, then there's always shopping for smaller clothes as a motivator.  Because right now, when I hold up clothes my current size when at the store, they always LOOK too big but then when I try them on, they fit!!! Yikes!

Love that story about fishing and losing your ring.  Maybe you've got a book in there - your writing is very good.

Your current clothes look too big probably because you have been imagining yourself as a slimmer person.

It is good to visualize your goal.
Like the old saying; "If you can't imagine a goal, you probably won't reach it.".
The new slimmer, healthier you is trapped inside what you see in the mirror and your subconscious mind knows it.

It sounds a bit strange, but I visualize my body like an onion. As time goes by, layers (of fat) are peeling off.
This is how I can psychologically justify what I am seeing in the mirror with the goal I see in my mind.

And thank you SkinnySue for the complement about my writing style. :)
I guess those nuns in grammar school and Jesuit priests in high school managed to stuff something good into this hard head.
Someday, I may write a book... Time will tell.

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:16 PM »
Congrats Sue....we had to replace my wedding ring! lol  I've lost so many inches of fat it's just so incredible!  Listen to Umpa and don't eat those carbs...replace them...substitute...you will not feel deprived and you will get to your goal faster!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
Congrats Sue....we had to replace my wedding ring! lol  I've lost so many inches of fat it's just so incredible!  Listen to Umpa and don't eat those carbs...replace them...substitute...you will not feel deprived and you will get to your goal faster!

Hi Again Skinny Sue!

After re-reading my postings on this board, I realize that I did not mention that it is VERY important to stay at or below 20 net carb grams per day!

If all the foods you enjoy allow this and still allow for a balanced intake of protein and veggies, then that's OK!
If not, substitute them for lower-carb (or better yet) no-carb options wherever you can.

Umpa and izzet are dead on target correct about substitutions.
The lower you keep your net carb gram intake, the faster you will lose weight!