Author Topic: Im back  (Read 6080 times)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
Im back
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »
Im still here!!!

Sorry I havent been around Ive been insanely busy past couple weeks now that Im not in my cast anymore!!! Loads of social and charity events. Shoot me!! Its NOT so hard to stick to the diet at social events its the wine!!! Ive been drinking too much lately that Ive plateaued however 15lbs in month and half Im pretty happy with that!!

The inches are dropping off however. I started at 49-41-49 ... im at 43-36-46 which makes me happy.

So now Ive decided to cut out the wine completely. Trying to cut out alcohol period. Worst that holidays are around the corner.

Bought some ketone urine stripes to make sure Im in and staying in ketosis. I also got the go ahead to get back in the gym. Bike and free weights only until Im more mobile and ankle is more sturdy.

But I really am loving this lifestyle change ... and people have tried to derail me haha but I shall prevail. Its the damn alcohol at social events.

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Re: Im back
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:03:31 AM »
So glad to have you back and to hear you are doing better. Congrats on the weight loss and the inches...that's the best part...the inches lost!  Limiting your alcohol will definitely speed up your success and if you must, limit yourself to one or just half a glass of wine on occasion.  I think Doug said that the white has less carbs than the red.

I have had the same problem with family and friends saying it won't hurt to have a little and you can eat this in moderation.  They don't understand the program and eating the wrong foods can affect your loss.  Just stick to your guns and say no! lol

Keep up the good work!!

Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »
Thank goodness I dont have that problem with the drinks I would not be losing anything !!!! LOL
 I do have the problem with my family saying  "just one day want hurt " or ' just one meal "

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »
My Dad says that to me all the time lol. Im like look what one meal did for you!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
Thank goodness I dont have that problem with the drinks I would not be losing anything !!!! LOL
 I do have the problem with my family saying  "just one day want hurt " or ' just one meal "

Hi Jo and Beebs!

If you think about it, we're very much like alcoholics.
The difference is, we are addicted to carbs (sugar).
We have allowed sugar to control us (and our lives) in many ways.

If we allow sugar to creep back in (a meal here... a treat there), it will again take over just as it did before.
It's only a matter of time.

Congratulations Jo and Beebs for remaining strong despite family pressures.
You should be very proud of yourselves every time you say "No. Thank you.".

Although they care for us, they don't understand how anyone could be addicted to sugar and how to support us.
That's why I thank God everyday for Doug and this forum.
The support here is absolutely wonderful!
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »
Here Here Tony !!!!!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
Amen Tony!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »
I read somewhere that sugar is a poor mans crack and a rich mans cocaine  I think that I am remembering that right . ;D

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
my mom tried to get me yesterday w homemade ginger snap cookies. They smelled so delicious. I kept putting my face to them to smell them haha

She kept saying have one for christs sake its not going to kill you.

I didnt and she kept baiting me but instead I said sorry gotta go and went to the gym!!

I know this works I just really need to stick to the lifestyle change. And I have except for white wine and vodka waters. I just socialize a lot unfortunately it usually involves drinks and while I only have about 3 or 4 ... that uses up all my carbs in the day and the alcohol gets burned off first. So it needs to go. Ive got to cut back ... and maybe I'll ask for water w lime and tell ppl its vodka waters ha that way I wont get slack for not having a drink.

I need to lose 20-30 by new years eve so I can fit into my dress!! So time to buckle down. Gym here I come. Im going everyday and only doing 30mins cardio due to my ankle just getting out of cast. Plus its all Im approved for right now. But I think 30mins cardio is better than none.

Great part is 30 mins and Im not even winded!! I quit smoking a yr and half ago. Which I think contributed a lot to my weight gain to begin with. But now that Im free and clear of cigarettes for that long no excuses. I will do this!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
Hi nikiniki9doors!

Congratulations on resisting those carb-loaded cookies!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

When you're mom said; "have one for christs sake its not going to kill you", she was incorrect.
For us carb addicts, carbs will eventually kill us through heart attack, diabetic complications, etc..
Sugar is an insidious slow killer to us much like alcohol is to an alcoholic.

Remember that the next time one your family or friends say that carbs won't hurt you.

I also congratulate you on recognizing the effect alcoholic drinks have on stalling your weight loss.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »
Good job Niki! Put the book into Mom's hands so she understands.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
She's read it. She said ... "makes sense ... but I just cant give up bread and potatoes. I love them too much. So no"

Her loss. Im finally under 200lbs!!!! So she can watch me get healthy and hopefully that will be enough for her to jump on board.

I keep telling her honestly after a few days and you get over the carb and sugar cravings you dont even feel like eating bread.

She just doesnt like my diet bc Im a plain eater to begin with and she is a foodie. So she thinks its a boring diet ... however Ive told her there are hundreds of recipes Im just a boring eater and happy to eat the same thing everyday.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »
Hey Niki!  :)

All you can do is control what YOU put in YOUR mouth.

You do have the right attitude.
As you continue to lose weight and approach your goal weight, your mom will likely become more of a believer.
If not, please don't feel guilty.

This lifestyle must be a personal choice for it to work.
We can only do it for ourselves.

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 01:36:25 PM »
You mentioned how you just smelled the cookies and enjoyed the smell. I had an "AHA!!!" moment  near the beginning of my FTS lifestyle. My kids were baking homemade pizzas and the yeast in the pizza crust was smelling sooo good. I finally realized at that point that I could enjoy the smell of the pizza and stop right there. I didn't have to put it in my mouth to enjoy it. I smell candles and don't eat them. I smell perfume and flowers without consuming them, so why not enjoy the smells of some foods without having to ingest them? It was a HUGE moment for me.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »
You mentioned how you just smelled the cookies and enjoyed the smell. I had an "AHA!!!" moment  near the beginning of my FTS lifestyle. My kids were baking homemade pizzas and the yeast in the pizza crust was smelling sooo good. I finally realized at that point that I could enjoy the smell of the pizza and stop right there. I didn't have to put it in my mouth to enjoy it. I smell candles and don't eat them. I smell perfume and flowers without consuming them, so why not enjoy the smells of some foods without having to ingest them? It was a HUGE moment for me.

That's a very interesting perspective on smells (aromas), owensmath.

Our sense of smell and taste are intertwined in our brains' wiring.
If we loose our sense of smell, our taste buds can't taste a thing.

When we mentally associate the aroma of a high-carb food as something we can't eat, it becomes 2nd nature not to be tempted.
Giving yourself permission to enjoy aromas without allowing them to press the "eat" button in your head is a great strategy!

This approach is similar to associating the aroma to something repulsive (as I previously suggested), but much more pleasant.
Both methods can get you the same results. But I like yours much better!
However, whatever helps someone NOT eat a high-carb food (as long as it's legal, ethical, and safe), is OK with me as well!