Author Topic: One Minute Muffins  (Read 26282 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
One Minute Muffins
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »
This recipe is in bread and crackers, also.

I just used this recipe to make a grilled turkey/bacon/cheese sandwich!

1 tsp butter, soft
1 egg
¼ cup flaxseed meal
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp xylitol
1 tbsp heavy cream
A sprinkle of Parmesan
A couple pinches of salt

Mix ingredients together and pour into a square plastic container.  Microwave on high for 1 min 30 seconds.  Pop right out of the container, cool, and slice horizontally.  Lightly butter the outside of the bread pieces, add whatever meats/cheeses you want and grill it up!  YUMMMM!

The flaxseed definitely gives it a distinct taste, kinda like you are eating a very wheat-y wheat bread.  Salt & pepper definitely helped.  Next time I might add a dash of garlic salt or something.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

jacksprattswife

• View Profile
Re: One Minute Muffins
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:41:26 AM »
Sounds good. How many net carbs per sersving?

Rena

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:35 PM »
I've been making these too, but only with the first 4 ingredients. It's nice to make up just one batch, rather than have a whole bunch leftover.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »
This is a great easy bread/bun!  I put mine in a round bowl, sliced and put roast beef and cheese and grilled on both sides.  Wonderful and so easy.  I did use Almond Meal/flour with just a touch of golden flax (husband is not a big fan of flax taste).

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
I love this, and also make it with the first 4 ingredients, but wonder what would happen if I left out the butter? Thoughts? I want to also try a tiny drop of zero carb banana extract, would that work? Would liquid egg whites work in place of the egg? Does it need the yolk? I’m clueless when it comes to baking. Thanks

Rena

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
I've been making these with a few squirts of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and leaving out the egg yolk. Mine is basically just 1/4 cup flaxmeal, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and some of the butter stuff. I mix it all up and then add a little water. Sometimes I'll add some cinnamon, especially if I'm going to put WF Apple Butter on it.

Of course, it's better with all the other ingredients. I just tried to cut out some of the fat and calories by doing it this way. And I like how it tastes, so that's all that matters. :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »
I am a big fan of this recipe.  Today I made it for breakfast, sliced it in half and put mayo on each side with a slice of tomato on each side. I salted and peppered the tomato.  Next time I will put slices of bacon on too.  It was soooo good!

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »
I've used this in so many ways.  I think one of my favorite ways is to put a handful of walnuts and a splash of banana extract.  Yummy!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
I am embarrassed to say i haven't tried these.I really need to :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
I know we dont count calories,but I was wondering what the calories may like... *** I kind of try to count calories
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Rena

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »
Alex -- I think mine are about 138, but I don't use everything everyone else does. I make mine simple and only use an egg white. I also cut back by using "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" instead of the other kind. Flaxmeal is kind of high in fat, but I guess it's one of those good fats that we're better off having. :)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
I make mine without any butter and just use an egg white.  They are still moist.  I add xylitol, cinnamon, and some vanilla extract.  They are quite good and I find they help if I need a quick sweet fix.  ;)

Novoflux

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »
Can you make these muffins in larger batches? and do they freeze well? Also do you have to use the microwave to cook them?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Can you make these muffins in larger batches? and do they freeze well? Also do you have to use the microwave to cook them?

Hi Novoflux! :)

This recipe is a variation on Focaccia Style Flax Bread.
You can double it, triple it, etc. to make as much as you want! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum Novoflux! i am umpa, dougs wife if i can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum. :)