Author Topic: One Minute Muffins  (Read 26277 times)

sistabec

• AOL Instant Messenger - sistabec
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: One Minute Muffins
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:05 AM »
 ;D Hey out there in FTS world. Does anyone know who create the One Minute Mufffin recipe? I don't get to the computer much but I would like to build an alter to this person!!! This is saving my life!!!!!!!!!!
sistabec
Can someone explain why some of us repel so long when the answer is right in front of us? Oh well, at least we finally get it!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
 :D :D :D I think it was Romarc I love these!

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
Too Funny!  :D :D   I cannot take credit for this great recipe - I found it on an old Atkins site, and wanted to share the recipe with my friends here on FTS.  Go back about a year in the recipe section, and you'll find lots of ways to use the OMM.  Glad they are helping - they  are  so versitle!!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
Ok I finally tried this and wow it was great and quick.  I used 1/2 almond flour and 1/2 flax seed and it fluffed up like a big english muffin.  I cut it in half and put some butter then toasted it.  Wonderful!  I agree with one of the other members that this is better than making so much at once and it getting fuzzy. lol  Sometimes I don't eat it quick enough.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Rena

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
Too Funny!  :D :D   I cannot take credit for this great recipe - I found it on an old Atkins site, and wanted to share the recipe with my friends here on FTS.  Go back about a year in the recipe section, and you'll find lots of ways to use the OMM.  Glad they are helping - they  are  so versitle!!

Yeah, they call it MIM on Atkins -- muffin in a minute.

It's a great recipe and like Izzet just said, I like being able to make one serving at a time. Sometimes I want toast, sometimes I want a muffin, other times I use it for pancakes. Think I'll make a cake next ... with frosting! :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »

It's a great recipe and like Izzet just said, I like being able to make one serving at a time. Sometimes I want toast, sometimes I want a muffin, other times I use it for pancakes. Think I'll make a cake next ... with frosting! :)

Rena, you mentioned you use the OMM for pancakes.  Do you pour the mix on a griddle or microwave.  Do you change the recipe at all?  thanks
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Rena

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »
Hi Suzlyn,

I used to cook them on a griddle like regular pancakes, but found they took forever and always turned out mushy. So now I put them on a microwave-safe plate (lightly sprayed with Pam) and microwave them for about 2 minutes. They turn out so much better this way! I've changed the recipe a bit.

In a Pyrex measuring cup ...

Spray about 10 squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
1 egg white
1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
cinnamon (I rarely measure it)
little bit of water

Then I mix it really well and let it sit for a few seconds. Most of the time it gets super thick, so I keep adding water until it's a good consistency. Then I spoon it onto the plate. I usually get about 6 silver dollar sized pancakes. I cook them about 2 minutes.

Others make it with a whole egg, but I only use an egg white to cut down the carb/fat content. I don't pay too much attention to fat, but flax is full of it, so I just try to limit it in ways I can. Others add heavy cream and vanilla to the recipe, so you can do a lot to make it taste the way you like it.

But I found microwaving works a lot better than the stove -- so much faster too. I make pancakes this way a lot and use Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup on them.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
Thanks Rena,

Thought the "batter" of the OMM was a little too thick to make a good pancake.  Printing your version now. LOL :D ;)

TexasTwinMama

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
wow, these sounds great, and so easy to make! Def going to check it out as an alt to my low carb wraps!
Beth
Beth

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 08:16:01 AM »
Last night I used the OMM recipe to make a mini strawberry shortcake for hubby and I.

Melt 1 T butter
1/4 cup flaxseed (this is what I used instead of the almond meal)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
2 T Hersey's SF Strawberry syrup (0 carb)
2 T Smucker's SF Strawberry Topping (split 1 T in mix, saved 1 T for topping) (0 carb)
1 T Walden's SF Pancake Syrup (0 carb)

Topping
2 T Land Of Lakes Whipped Topping (0 carb)
1 T Smucker's SF Strawberry Topping (from above)

I mixed the dry ingredients while the butter was melting.  Then I added the SF strawberry syrup, SF topping and Walden's syrup and the egg to the dry mix.  Mixed it really well then added the butter and mixed again.  I placed it in a circular ramekin (sp? lol).  It took my microwave about 1 minute and half to cook the muffin to my liking.  I then sliced the muffin in half, lightly buttered both sides and cooked on a teflon griddle to "crisp" both sides.  Chilled in the freezer about 5-6 minutes.  I then sprayed some whipped topping between the two pieces of muffin.  After putting the 2 pieces together I sprayed a little whipped topping on top, adding the saved strawbery topping to make it pretty.  Served it on a small cake plate.  YUMMMMM.  Even my hubby was impressed.  I would have loved to taken a picture but don't know how to upload to forum yet.  :-\

joagain

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011, 08:48:24 AM »
Suzlyn thats sounds great  Maybe if I keep trying I will find one I like  :D We need pic LOL  when you post a reply on the left it has additional optins click that then hit browse get your pic and then post 

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
Thanks Jo! Next time I make something I will take a pic and give it a try LOL!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
Sounds wonderful, Suz! :) :) :)

Another recipe on my "to make" list!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 04:39:12 PM »
I think I have read that Owensmath has used this to make a strawberry shortcake too!  I am a strawberry & whip cream freak!  I have got to try this!  ;D  I bet a big spoon of vanilla carbsmart spread between the layers wouldn't hurt a thing either!   ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 06:44:06 AM »
I really enjoyed this treat, but know that your suggestion of the carbsmart ice cream would delight the hubby!