Author Topic: Cold Weather Carbs  (Read 4345 times)

jacksprattswife

• View Profile
Cold Weather Carbs
« on: November 14, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
Hi Doug!

I finally remembered my password so now I am back!

I lost 20 lbs a year ago with Fattoskinny and have been maintaining it very nicely until just lately.  The weather here in Wisconsin has takien a turn for the worse and sudddenly I feel empty and hungry!  Also, the fake food such as protein bars etc. has started to give me gas.  My husband is a confirmed and successful low fat dieter for life, so i have to have low fat stuff as well as low carb stuff in my kitchen.  The only food we can both eat are vegetables.

I know, I know,  so many problems!  I'm just off to eat a piece of cheese to fill myself up!

Glad to be back

Jackspratts Wife

joagain

Re: Cold Weather Carbs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »
Welcome Back !!!!

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:40 AM »
How about chicken and fish?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:41:14 AM »
Good to see you back :) I don't understand your situation with hubby. Lean Meats, Fish, Poultry, Tofu are all low fat and low carb so you two certainly have more foods in common than vegetables. I assume you're talking about side dishes and snacks. C'mon now if you take a close look at the recipe exchange, the cookbook and the FTS book you'll find lots of choices that are low fat and low carb. Cold weather always brings on the "feeling" that one needs more food. It's a natural feeling brought on by innate survival instincs. Eat proteins, that wonderful Wisconsin cheese you are famous for, soy bean chili, dark green veggies and other "heavy" foods that are FTS friendly, you'll be OK.

It's time to make a commitment again, that's where you are, lean on the forum for support....that's why we're here!  ;) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
Welcome back to the family!  :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

jacksprattswife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
Thanks guys...I'm hanging in there.  FYI  Wisconsin cheese is very bland.  I prefer imported cheese!  SHHH! I hope nowone round here hears me!