Author Topic: Just started Monday  (Read 5727 times)

G8orgirl

• View Profile
Just started Monday
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I began the FTS program on Monday and I am hoping this will be the answer to losing my weight.  I have been struggling with a weight issue my entire life and I recently gained a ton of weight.  I feel insecure and it doesn't help when going to the family Christmas party everyone mentioned how beautiful my face was and if I just stopped eating then I would be able to lose weight.  My grandmother even went as far as to say, "How about drinking broth for a couple of weeks".  It will bring the bloating down.  I wish all this was bloating I felt like saying, but I just let it go and realized I needed to do something and soon. That's when I came upon this book and even though I have only been on this for 3 days, I feel so much better.  I have energy and alot of the cravings that I had for sugar, carbs, etc have seemed to go away.  I am excited about the new part of my life and ready to put the fat me behind and look forward to a new skinny me.  Thank you so much for the wonderful book and this great forum.

joagain

Re: Just started Monday
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
Good Luck & welcome , you may have sugar withdrawls by the end of the week but just hold on and they will go away and you will feel better then you have ever felt !!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
Welcome G8orgirl! We are your FTS family and although our true families try to be well meaning they sometimes don't understand. I promise this will work for you and your husband if you stick to the program.  You will loose inches like you wouldn't believe and the change in your mental and physical health is well worth it.  You don't give up anything just replace bad carbs for healthier choices.  There is a plethora of recipes on the forum and we are all here to help you through your weight loss journey to the new you.

Congrats on making a choice to have a healthier lifestyle.

Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 02:21:30 PM »
Hi G8torgirl!  Welcome to the forum. I've always had a weight problem, and never found a "diet" that I could stick with.  FTS is a lifestyle, and I am now convinced that if I can do this....ANYONE can!!  Those first few days were the hardest going through detox, but then it got easier everyday!!  I made it through Thanksgiving AND Christmas eating low carb, and didn't feel like I missed out on ANYTHING!!   This forum is a GREAT help to me!  The people are SO nice and supportive. 

Rena

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:21:09 PM »
Good luck, G8orgirl!

I'm new to this board, too, as I just joined yesterday. My husband and I have both been on the FTS plan since October 1st. He's lost 45 pounds and I've lost 35 pounds. It works! I've done other programs before and even had a lot of success on Herbalife back in the 90s, but I was never taught about hidden sugars or watching carbs. I think it's made a huge difference in our progress. Good luck -- you can do it!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum G8orgirl and your new Fat to Skinny life.  You have come to the right place.  Let us help you with your journey.

G8orgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
Thank you all for the encouragement.  I know I am to stay at 20 net carbs a day and with New Year's coming up is it okay to consume an alcoholic beverage?  I know on Atkins he recommended Vodka, but since I am so new and my week "weigh in" is on Monday I don't want to screw the week up because of alcohol.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
Thank you all for the encouragement.  I know I am to stay at 20 net carbs a day and with New Year's coming up is it okay to consume an alcoholic beverage?  I know on Atkins he recommended Vodka, but since I am so new and my week "weigh in" is on Monday I don't want to screw the week up because of alcohol.

Vodka works and if you like beer try Michelob Ultra. It has under 3 carbs per beer.

Welcome to the site. I have to say I use to HATE when they would tell me "you have such a pretty face if you would just loose some weight!" UGH!

Welcome to your new lifestyle and might I say...it ROCKS! This will be the easiest you've ever watched the weight fall off of you.

Happy New Year
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
Welcome to the family! I see some of our members have wrapped their arms around you and given you a big hug already  ;D As far as drinking is concerned please click on this link and review the thread it will bring you up to speed- http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=6.0

Don't worry on FTS you get to eat, let Grandmother know you'll use the broth in a wonderful savory sauce to be drizzled over a nice rare steak  :o  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
Welcome to our family, G8orgirl!  :) :) :) :)

Isn't it amazing how our bodies respond when we treat them right?
I too noticed feeling better after a few days, and MUCH better after I finished detoxing from sugar (about 2 weeks).

If you want to have a healthy weight, you've come to the right place, with the right people, with the right foods, and the right support!

Our families and close friends do love us.
But most don't understand how hidden sugar is killing us.
Unless they've read Doug's book, you can understand why.
Just stick to FTS and give it some time. As you lose weight, they will come around!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »
Welcome G8orgirl! My name is umpa i am dougs wife.If I can help please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. :)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 10:14:18 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family!  Hope you are very successful on this program.

Happy New Year!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
Welcome!!!
I am fairly new as well! I have been here for ab out 3 months and have lost about 27 lbs. The best thing is how great I feel when I am following the plan. (I say that becasue the holidays have been a struggle). Youa re going to find SO much support here. Also, Umpa can "redo" recipes foR YA!!
hOPE YOU HAVE FUN LEARNING!! I sure am!!
weight loss Center is your best free resource for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]