Author Topic: Srawberries!!!! Lessons learned!!!  (Read 3233 times)

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
Srawberries!!!! Lessons learned!!!
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
UUUGH!
So I thought I was saving some time by buying some fozen strawberries to use in my shake for a quick breakfast.
This is such a huge eye opener for me! READ LABELS!! dont assume that casue they are inocent strawberries.they are ok...
Filler Im guessing???!!!!
13 grams per cup!!  ugh
Ok...Im done.........................lol :)
weight loss Center is your best free resource for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Srawberries!!!! Lessons learned!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »
I have made this mistake with frozen fruit and vegetables! :D It never occured to me that they would add sugar to these products! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
I have made this mistake with frozen fruit and vegetables! :D It never occured to me that they would add sugar to these products! :D

This is an example of how insidious (evil sneaky) the "sugar vendors" are, Umpa!
So many people think they are buying fruit but don't realize they're also buying sugar too.

Buyer beware!... Always read nutrition labels INCLUDING the ingredients list.
Even when the package shows low carb numbers, if something like wheat, rice, or a "syrup" is listed, you can bet that it is NOT low-carb!
What you do today is what matters!

becky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »
what a bummer!  I just bought frozen strawberries last night to make strawberry mousse, and wouldn't have thought twice about it.  I purchased frozen because it was so expensive for a small amount of fresh strawberries.   

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
what a bummer!  I just bought frozen strawberries last night to make strawberry mousse, and wouldn't have thought twice about it.  I purchased frozen because it was so expensive for a small amount of fresh strawberries.   
Read your label Becky.  Not all frozen strawberries have sugar.  Maybe yours are just fresh frozen strawberries.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Thats right shihtzmom.I find the store brands usually don't. ;)

becky

• View Profile
Re: Strawberries!!!! Lessons learned!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
Read your label Becky.  Not all frozen strawberries have sugar.  Maybe yours are just fresh frozen strawberries.

Thank you! I did read it again last night, and I realized that I hadn't looked at the fiber.  They were just fresh frozen strawberries with a carb count of 10 carbs per cup.   I've got the SF jello in the fridge, and will be ready to make the strawberry mousse at 2PM....can you tell I'm counting down to try it out  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
You are going to love the FTS mousse!  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)