Author Topic: OMG  (Read 5198 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »
Hi all.  I just had the worst experience EVER in a “so call” support forum for Weight Watchers.. My employer paid for half the fee for a 17 week program. I decided to join and combine it with what I have learned and still learning in F2S.. Well I posted that on their support forum and was basically hoping to read some thoughts on it and instead, I received nothing but harsh sarcasm and mockery about the F2S program.. I am ok with feedback regardless if you agree with it or not, but what I am NOT okay with is, harsh and crude post and unnecessary comments with the lack of intelligence and value and that is what I got. When I replied stating that I was disappointed in the comments regarding my post and the harshness, what I got in return was even more disturbing..

My conclusion: I LOVE F2S and the support forum we have.. Honest, direct and yet nurturing.  WOW, I feel like I took a hard blow to the heart with the notion that people of such breed exist..

Thank you all for your kindness and support.. DAVE AND UMPA, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Rena

Re: OMG
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
I've been hearing stuff like that, too, including that the "low-carb" stuff is a thing of the past. I kind of feel people say that because they weren't willing to make the eating/lifestyle changes in order to maintain their progress or reach their goals. Most are too eager to move onto the next fad, or next quick fix. There are plenty of those out there!

I was skeptical about FTS at first, but was willing to give it a try. I'm seeing results and that's enough to keep me going. A lot of my friends are starting a variety of different diets for the New Year and I'm sure some of them will be successful. Some won't. I personally think it is what works for YOU and you shouldn't care what other people are doing or think. It is a shame, though, that some people have to be so snippy and outspoken with their opinions. I see that a lot.

I'm glad you've found support here. If you're doing FTS, this is the place to be!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »
I LOVE F2S, I joined WW to learn portion control really. I know it may sound stupid, but that is my main reason.. Also, the accountability of attending the meetings weekly helps me get going until I have completely detoxed and have made it a habit…

I just couldn’t believe the sarcasm and the mockery and just the plain rudeness..  

PS: I just started back up again… I was off for a while, but this is the best program for me..
Alex

Rena

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »
Good for you, Alex! I have a friend who had great success with WW. It worked well for her, but I had no interest in the meetings and such, so I know I'd never stick with it. For me, it's just like exercising. If I had to exercise in a gym with a ton of people around me, I'd never go. But, if I can exercise by myself at home, I'm totally fine with it. Sometimes you just have to do what works for YOU!

:)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »
 :) THANKS RENA
Alex

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
Welcome back Alex!  I have lost weight with Weight Watchers at least 3 times, but never kept it off.  I cheated my way through to make sure I lost before my weigh in day.  I would eat what I wanted on the weekend and practically starved myself the few days before my meeting.  How healthy does that sound? 

If you want to be accountable for your weight loss, just add a ticker to your FTS profile and pick a weigh-in day.  Be honest with your weight loss or gain each week, and you will find that you will be extra careful because you don't want to have to report a gain.  I find this helps.

It is terrible that you were treated so badly.  I thought the point of a support group was for...well, support!  So welcome back to your FTS family.  Just keep your net carbs under 20 and make healthy choices for your meals, not just all sweets and snacks and you will be surprised how quickly the weight comes off.  Good luck.  Hope to hear from you often!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »
Hello Alex,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were verbally abused by folks at a WW meeting.

Unfortunately, some folks have a lot of anger lurking under the surface.
If you in any way call into question something they deeply believe in, they will often become harsh, abrasive, etc..
This is because they see your viewpoint as a "threat".
When an angry person is threatened, some form of hostility is sure to arise.

The best way to handle a situation like the one Alex ran into WW, is not try to "force" the issue.
Just let it be, knowing that you have a lifestyle that is making you healthy.
After you've reached your goal, you will be a walking testimony to the effectiveness of F2S.

And after all is said and done, our health is the most important consideration.
Plus, you can rest assured knowing that you will be supported by your F2S family!
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
Welcome home Alex, find it in your heart to forgive them and move on  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
I have lost weight with Weight Watchers at least 3 times, but never kept it off.  I cheated my way through to make sure I lost before my weigh in day.  I would eat what I wanted on the weekend and practically starved myself the few days before my meeting.  How healthy does that sound? 

Oh ... is there a thread for all our bad dieting experiences? I used to save up all my fruit/fat cards from Deal-A-Meal just so I could have a Three Muskateers bar. Yep -- I had my priorities!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »
Welcome back Alex :)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
Awwww thanks guys.. I have never really left F2S.  My employer pays for 1/2 the 17 week course and its a nice size group at work. I am quite the independent person and yet, when it comes to weight loss, I need that support.. Anywho, during the holidays, I didnt do too bad but didnt do well either.  (I didnt gain but didnt lose)

Im only doing WW to do the portion control.  I have applied the F2S way and I have lost 2 lbs since Thursday.. I am also starting to walk which will help me get right on track again.. I was inspired by Owensmith and went and got my paperwork for my lab work so I can see where I am now and then in June..

Doug, I wont lie, I wanted to write something mean, but then I would be just like them and that I am not..  I am thankful that you have this forum filled with wonderful people...

much love to all...  :-*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:25:10 PM by Doug Varrieur »
Alex

owensmath

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Alex, you are taking the high road! Good for you. I think that the portion control will happen naturally for you. I found that for myself as time went by. At first, I was hungrier and I only ate the FTS approved foods and stuck to the plan. After a short time of doing so, my body naturally needed less food and my portions were smaller. I also use smaller plates whenever possible as a visual reminder and always find that what I want fits just fine on those plates.

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
Oh yes Owensmith, smaller plates are so important.. The mind is so powerful.. it has helped me a lot.. I only use the small Tupperware now.. 

btw: what is your actual name if I may ask?
Alex

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
Alex, I am Donna Owens. Do you have a facebook page? You can find me on Doug's fb page as Donna Gates Owens and send me a friend request if you'd like.