Author Topic: Hello From Wa state, I'm new here and have some questions  (Read 4636 times)

darpar62

• View Profile
Hello From Wa state, I'm new here and have some questions
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
I haven't bought the book yet, but was wondering if anyone can tell me if the food is really good? Soy and tofu? Tofu pasta? Can anyone tell me from experience if the food is easy to live with. I have invested so much money in different programs and am really looking for something that works. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  Thank you, Darla

owensmath

Re: Hello From Wa state, I'm new here and have some questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »
Hi, Darla. I think you will really truly "get it" once you read the book. That is really the only money you need to invest. This is the absolute best eating "program" that I have ever followed. I can truly see myself living this way for the rest of my life and it has become second nature. It becomes easy and enjoyable quickly. The toughest part is getting over the sugar addiction and that takes about three days of headaches. When that happens, stick to it and know that you will soon be on the other side of the detox.   You don't have to eat soy and tofu products while living the FTS lifestyle. The main point is to stay low carb and to NOT deprive yourself of what you want. The point is to find substitutes that are delicious and low carb. Check out the wonderful variety of delicious recipes on this board, for example. Welcome to the family.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum darpar62.  Read the book first, it only takes a couple of hours.  As Owensmath said, you don't have to eat tofu, that is just an option that has been suggested.  Actually I was surprised that I liked it.  I eat the House Foods Shirataki Spaghetti or Angel Hair pasta.  It just picks up the flavour of your low carb red sauce or Alfredo sauce and has the same texture as pasta made with flour.  This is a very individual program.  You don't have to eat anything you don't want to, just stay below the 20 net carbs per day, although it is a good idea to have a good variety of vegetables, protein and fiber.  There are great recipe suggestions in the book and here on the forum to substitute for our favourite foods.  I have found this to be the easiest way to lose weight, and I've tried almost everything.  So look around the forum at the success stories and read the book. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
Hi Darla, welcome to the party! Is the food good......ham, steak, chops, roasts, fish, chicken, turkey,pork, cheeses from all over the world, eggs, cream, butter, veggies, ice cream, cake, cookies and a long list of other foods. You tell me....does it sound good to you?   ;)

Check out the recipe pages  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »
Hello and welcome to our forum, fellow Washingtonian!  :)

I echo the chorus... Read the book!
Between the book and the recipe section of this forum, you will start to get an idea of the universe of tasty foods you can eat.
And Umpa will gladly convert your favorite recipes into low-carb masterpieces.

You will also find the best support on the planet from the rest of us here on the forum to help you along.

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
Hi Darla,

Here is what I can tell you..

Food is great!
The price is extremely afforable, but the best part is that Doug and Umpa care so much about letting people how to eat right, that after every post, you can get a book free.. Really, who else does that...
Support forum is a BLESSING and the nicest bunch of people you will meet..
Did I mention that the food and people are great!!!!

It really is a great site with so much valuable information.. As for the Tofu pasta, I was skeptical about the shirataki noodles and now my 11 yr old only wants that... That is the only pasta we use and it really is good..

I wish you the best of luck and remember that you are human and it starts with one step...

Best of luck
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:07:53 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
Hi and welcome from the state of Georgia!  You will find that everyone on the forum is so friendly and helpul.  Once you get past the detox, you will be on your way!  We are all in this together!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
It really works.  Buying the book was the best investment I ever made.  If you read it and follow the simple instructions you will lose weight weather you exercise or not.  The forums are very supportive and there is a wealth of recipes to try.  It is not a gimmick and very affordable.  FTS will change your life if you let it.

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »
Thank you all so very much for responding to me.  I've tried so many diets and it's nice to see people that have actually lost weight and take the time to help others. I will purchase the book as soon as I get my check. I have already been eating sugar free. I don't know if I've been eating carb free completely. I started the 3rd and have lost 7 pounds. I weighed 315 and now way 308. I am excited to have some friends to talk with.
Thanks again and I will keep in touch.
Darla

friedpie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
Hey Darpar,

What part of Washington are you from?  My dad's side hails from Cashmere and Wenatchee, but now have family from Spokane to Whidbey Island.  I love getting back to God's country every few years and plan to again next year.

Friedpie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
...  I love getting back to God's country every few years and plan to again next year....

Wow friedpie! :o I have not heard ANYONE call Washington "God's country" since the mid-1970s. :o

Back then, Western Washington was an evergreen paradise... An outdoorperson's dream!
Although it's still one of the most beautiful parts of the country, I'm sad to say it sure ain't what it used to be.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:16:11 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 05:39:16 PM »
Hello again,
I'm from the puget sound area, actually west of Olympia.  Most of my family is in this area, we've been here all of our lives.  I do have a few in spokane and yakima though.  I love it here, you're right it is God's country!! beautiful scenery.