Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 8930 times)

joagain

Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
I was talking about dry I found a bag that was salted I bought it and they just tasted weird to me .

Rena

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Here's what I ate today.
Breakfast 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with 4 slices bacon, 2 cups coffee
1/4 cup of pepitas (pumpkin seed nuts) for snack
lunch 1/2 cup cottage cheese, dry lemon sf jello and a dollop of reddy whip (makes a great salad)
1 string cheese, radishes, celery and diet root beer for snack
2 eggs scrambled with 2oz deli ham. ( I usually don't eat this many eggs but didn't have time to cook today)
sf ice cream bar ( 3 carbs, 80 cal. ) snack
thanks

I don't see anything wrong with the menu either, except for the hidden carbs in the cottage cheese and veggies. Are you adding anything to your coffee?

On another note -- I know people here don't count calories, just net carbs. But I've found if my calorie level is too high, I won't lose weight. That's kind of a no-brainer, but still worth mentioning. I don't go to the extreme of counting them, but I do have to watch portion sizes (as explained in Doug's book obviously).

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »

I don't see anything wrong with the menu either, except for the hidden carbs in the cottage cheese and veggies. Are you adding anything to your coffee?

On another note -- I know people here don't count calories, just net carbs. But I've found if my calorie level is too high, I won't lose weight. That's kind of a no-brainer, but still worth mentioning. I don't go to the extreme of counting them, but I do have to watch portion sizes (as explained in Doug's book obviously).

Me too Rena, I don't count calories but I am mindful of them. As Doug has said portion sizes are the key.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:17:32 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
Sherri is absolutely correct about portion sizes, Rena.

If you eat portions sizes (like Doug outlines in his book) and be careful with highly fatty foods, your calorie intake will be MUCH lower.
Just don't worry about the calories... They will take care of themselves.

If I eat almost no carbs BUT my portions are too large, my weight loss will stop dead (like around Christmas).
I believe this is true for most everyone.
What you do today is what matters!