Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 6547 times)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
UPDATE
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
Well thought it was about time to check in and prove to all just beginning this that it truely does work and it is a life style change you can live with...
I got through the holidays perhaps eating more food some days then I have ever since beginning this way of eating 01/10..But I want to share the good news..No Weight Gain!!!...This way of eating has proved one thing over and over again to me....It wasn't how much I was eating but "what I was eating"...Really, fam & friends could never understand how I could or was gaining weight...They would eat more then me and I was the Fat One!...I just believed I was one of the people who litterly how to NOT EAT to lose weight and just kept losing the wrong way to just gain it back...Years and Years of this till the day I picked up Dougs Book...FTS....Since that day..1 year ago on 01/06/10..I have NOT fell off my new way of eating...Its just to easy to stick to this and also such wonderful results and not to even mention how good it feels to get all that process foods and sugars out of my body...Sure there are times I want to have me something from the past...I am human, but I've said many times before...A smaller size feels so much better then any food taste!!..And with Doug and Umpas help with recipe conversions....I have hardly gone without anything Ive loved to eat in the past...
I wanted to post some Before and After pictures from 10/10 and 10/11..Just to prove 1 year later..Its neither boring or unable to do...Much love and luck to you all on your journey.....Much love and many, many thanks to Doug and that bright yellow book with big bold red letters in the front of Barnes and Nobles one cold January morning.. ;D
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
Doreen, you are such an inspiration!! 

joagain

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »
Doreen you and Gary are the BOMB !! And ShihTzuMom1  is right behind you !!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
 Big Smiles Doreen  ;D ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

DoreenBar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
Thanks to you all But everyone here is an inspiration for sure... :-*

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »
and Jo it looks like your ticker has moved!!  Yay!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
Great Job Doreen! ;D
Jo are you tigtening your belt? :)

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Wow, Doreen,

What an inspirational change!  Keep up the good work, you are melting away, unlike our snow here!  I'm getting ready to leave and walk with some of my friends inside an elementary school because it is too cold outside. I think it is 17 degrees.  We try to walk an hour 4-5 days a week and I always feel so much better after walking.   Many of our school systems allow residents to walk inside the school, usually before or after school when the kids aren't there.  It is warm and safe and well lit and free!  Couldn't ask for much more.  Have a blessed day everyone.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
Hi Doreen!  :)

With the problems we've had on this website lately, your posting here slipped right past me.  :(

Great photos!!!... Your looking absolutely marvelous, my dear! :) :) :)

You're right!... We are human and are prone to make mistakes.
And that's OK, as long as we know what to do after we falter.

Congratulations!!!
I'm confident you will see your weight loss goal sooner than you may think!
What you do today is what matters!

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 12:30:20 PM »
Hey Doreen!  YOU look WONDERFUL !!! Thanks for sharing your story -- you are encouraging people you may never see or meet -- but it is great to see your success!  Have a great day and Happy New Year and New YOU !!!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie) 

Countrygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
Hi Doreen,

Thank you for posting your story. You are such an inspiration to me. Here's why. I got Doug's book and I read it right away. But due to financial difficulties I could barely keep food in the house even with food pantries. So changing the diet of even one perlon was very difficault and so I couldn't do anything until now. I made a commitment this week on tuesday to start. I had tried before and dropped 10 pounds only to gain it back again do to food pantry foods, which are mainly processed foods. Then in October I found out that I have a slow thyroid issue that I am now on meds for and so hopefully all goes well this time and the weight comes off and stays off forever.I am confident that it will.

DoreenBar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Thanks so much everyone....You all are an inspiration...Many times I come here just to read and it makes me leave this computer with smiles and will power to never sway from the way Ive been eating for over a year now.....All the recipes and suggestions make it all so easy....Its a new way to eat and once you get a few weeks under your belt you'll see how much better you feel and how aware you are of what your putting in your body....I turn every package over and read it ....Its just the way it is now I dont even have to think about it....
Again..If I can do it so can you!!

Countrygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
Thanks Doreen, I have already started to feel better. I too come here to read and get encouragement and walk away with both encouragement to go on as well as new recipe ideas to try. I seem so much happier now to that I am doing this for myself, instead of eating junk food.  ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
Thanks Doreen, I have already started to feel better. I too come here to read and get encouragement and walk away with both encouragement to go on as well as new recipe ideas to try. I seem so much happier now to that I am doing this for myself, instead of eating junk food.  ;D ;D ;D

Ain't it fun trying new recipes that are soooo tasty and good for you too!
I'm having a blast.  ;D

No one can be happy without good (or at least improving) health!
As your health improves, the better you feel, and happier your get!... Ain't it great!
To borrow from McD's... I'm lovin' it!  ;D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »
Countrygirl you just found the secret! You have to do it for you! If we can't love ourselves ,we can't teach others to love.You will be successful now that you have the secret! ;) We are always here for you! :)