Author Topic: Woo Hoo  (Read 5871 times)

G8orgirl

• View Profile
Woo Hoo
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:34 AM »
I am so excited that I had to post.  I jumped back on the F2S wagon yesterday because I had gotten off 2 weeks ago and had a carb/sugar binger.  I was upset because I had only lost 2.9 pounds in a week and thought that wasn't enough...I was right!  I was doing it all wrong and since yesterday I have lost the 2.9 pounds I gained back and a couple of extra too :o.  So from yesterday to today I have lost 4.2 pounds...thank you all for your support :) 

joagain

Re: Woo Hoo
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:21:17 AM »
You go Girl !! It is very easy when you get it isnt it ?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:10 AM »
You go girl! Follow the rules and watch the weight fall off ;)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »
mmmmmmm.......if you lost 2.9 lbs in a week and thought that wasn't good enough,and jumped off the proverbial "wagon" i keep hearing about.....then you had better put on your seatbelt this time....because your 2.9 lbs per week is much more what to expect as opposed to your miraculous 4.2 lb loss in 1 single day....all you have to do is follow the less than 20 carbs per day to be successful,you don't mix this with weight watchers,count calories,worry about fat content,do enemas:( lol.......come on people can we not stick to this for more than a week or two before giving up ?????? it seems like a very frequent cycle around here.....start>stop>start>stop>start>stop?
    how about lets START & FINISH this time????

joagain

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:21:10 AM »
Gary be nice not everybody is as strong as you and can suceed the first time ;D.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »
lol.....it wasnt meant to be not NICE.......just saying 4.2 lbs per day isnt going to happen.... if 2.9 lbs per week isnt enough to keep you going...then its going to be alot of getting on and off the "wagon"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:29:49 AM by katary »

G8orgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:15 AM »
I think the reason I was so disappointed the first time is because when you read the book you hear of how fast people lost weight the first week.  With only 2.9 pounds I felt that I definitely did something wrong, considering I was able to lose that amount of weight in one week on any other diet I have tried. 
4.2 pounds was an accomplishment (or so I thought)...lesson learned

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »
i understand:) hey lets admit it...we are all here because of life choices we've made.....mostly food choices & lazy lifestyles:( and each and everyone of us has made that statement " i am FAT & cant stand being that way" & we have also all tried many many different weight loss schemes over our life times.....and none of us got FAT over nite..... getting rid of the excess will not happen over nite either:(
         there will be weeks where you dont lose a single lb:( maybe even gain 1 or 2......but if you dedicate yourself to this in the end you will be successful!!!!!! and be able to rejoice in your accomplishment as well as burn all of your FAT clothes :o
        oh and by the way......your 4.2 lbs is a great accomplishment!!!!
and i am very HAPPY for you....just remember how you feel now and dont get discouraged if you dont see that kind of loss on a regular basis:)
          oh and as has been said many time before here,G8orgirl , FTS is not a diet.....it is a lifestyle....you will have to live it forever,if not you will fall back into the SUGAR trap that will be waiting for you at every turn,around every corner.....and i think we can all attest to the URGES that we've fallen prey to:( in the past....just keepin it real ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:01:31 AM by katary »

joagain

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »
G8orgirl  everything that gary just said is true but I am one of the very unfortune it ones that lose very slow ,probably has something to do with on adn off dieting for years . The reason I stopped the first and second time was because I like you wanted to lose 80 lbs in 6 months ,30 lbs in 2 months like people in the book but the fact of the matter is that most of the fast losers or men .
 I finally got that no matter what the loss  or no loss for that week what is important is that I feel better i am not having cravings  I have so much more energy , and I cant and will not go back to sugar EVER !
 You may have to face the fact that you may be a slow loser (that is why I have a turtle on my weight ticker) it has taken me 5 months to lose 23 lbs ,but I could be 50 lbs heavier with type 2 diabetes .

JUST STICK TO FTS !!!!!!! Saddle up and hold on !

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »
 :D and i remember Jo..... not too long ago,you posted that you had
  "given up" and that you thought that you were destined to be a
   BIG girl...... but now look at you:) you've gone from a quitter to one of the BRIGHTEST stars on the forum:) its amazing to me to see the successes of some folks as they happen....and unfortunately equally amazes me the amount of people that just cant reach out and grab hold of this,and embrace it :'(

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »
Good morning, what a nice spicy thread! I applaud you both for your passionate responses to G8orgirl  8)  G8orgirl, here's my advice; as tough as it will be for you try to stay off the scale for a few weeks. Be VERY strict about your net carb intake and be absolutely certain to not exceed 20 net carbs per day, far less if you can. I personally find it difficult to exceed 15 per day. I eat protein, fats and greens as a general rule everyday. You're accomplishments shouldn't be counted daily by scale results, they should be counted by your ability to retrain yourself with new eating habits and ingredients....the scale results will follow all by themselves if you stick to the rules. This is not a race between you and other people or between you and your scale. This is a lifestyle change with many, many wonderful benefits....weight loss is just one of them.

Now, take a deep breath and get organized, set your brain on "Katary commitment mode" and as Jo says "Saddle up and hold on!"
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »
Not everyone takes off weight fast.  It has taken me 11 years to get to where I am now.  My ticker shows that I have lost 53 pounds, and 36 of those pounds are since I started the Fat to Skinny lifestyle 6 months ago today.  So that is an average of 6 pounds per month on FTS which is not fast, but has been steady.  So don't expect it will all come off in a few months.  It has been said many times on the forum, it didn't take us a couple of months to put it on.  My weight has not been this low since the 1980's, so FTS definitely works.  Just stick to the program and enjoy the no crave feeling once you get your eating under control.  Browse the recipes and find interesting meals to prepare and you won't feel like you are missing out on anything.  Ask for help or suggestions if you need it because we are all here to help each other.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
hey #2 maternal one:) is that you in your profile pic? thats hot...lol

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
hey #2 maternal one:) is that you in your profile pic? thats hot...lol
No it's just wishful thinking.  I use it as my inspiration.  It is also my background on my computer.  But thanks anyway Gary, LOL!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:50:05 AM by ShihTzuMom1 »

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
thats funny...because i used to have my FAT pic as my backround for inspiration!!!!!! cant wait to see your for real skinny pics:)

and dude are you going to wear a 1/2 tshirt like that chick? lol