Author Topic: I need help  (Read 9851 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: I need help
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
That's great Alex!!!  :) :) :)

Your commitment is shining by turning down that garlic bread!
And being so new at this lifestyle, doing this impresses me a bunch!!! :)

But when you have another get together with pizza, remember that you can eat most toppings, just not the crust.

Here's something that just occurred to me...

If you had some low carb tortillas on hand like these;
http://www6.netrition.com/mama_lupes_tortillas_page.html,
you could scrape off the toppings onto the tortilla and have your own "pizza".
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »
OK Alex, .....don't backslide. I want you to always think of sugar and carbs as a drug. Picture yourself as a cocaine addict everytime someone offers you a roll, or a piece of cake or any high carb food. Look straight at it and picture it as white powder then do what I know you will....turn it down  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

G8orgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:53:57 PM »
Alex, I don't want to freak you out or anything but you said you ate Penne a la vodka and when I looked up the carb count for Sbarro, the carb count came up as 67g and 5 fiber for a total net carbs of 62g.  In looking through their website they do have a low carb cheese pizza with only 18 carbs per slice.  I am not sure which pizza place you went to or if their carb count is different, I just know pasta has a lot of carbs in it  :(

owensmath

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
I thought it said she ate it when I first read the post, but it says someone else ate it. I had to look twice.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
lol...me too....but the I is a one (1)

G8orgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Alex, I am so sorry!  I totally misread your post and saw 1 as I and the rest is history...you did awesome with the unbreaded wings...sorry for the doubt.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
lol.. Tomorrow we have a huge company breakfast and I am not even worried.. I am amazed at how the detox can change you so much.. no cravings at all.. no hunger pains...

I already know that I am going  in with my breakfast and no temptations here..  I am just at awe..

Well Owensmith, I can now say I am fulling doing the F2S lifestyle and I am no longer trying...   

I am trying to tell everyone, but ya'll know, when people are set their ways, it is what it is... Im just happy for all of us...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 08:02:31 AM »
Yay Alex!  You are on your way to a thin, healthy new you!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Once you commit Alex you will never go back. Your kids will thank you,they will have a healthier and happier mom! ;)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »
Well, I am just so happy.. OMG we had all kinds of sweet amazing things and I walked by them all without even thinking about it.. I will tell you that its awesome and I dont plan to go through that nasty detox thing again...it was horrible but as Tony said, a blessing in disguise...

I did have a bite of something called Eggs Magoo and it was amazing... Good thing it was just a bite because I asked her for the recipe and saw a few carb no no's on there... but of Umpa can convert this (which I think will be easy)  I know it will be a hit...   going to post it on Ask Umpa

Alex

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Alex I was so lucky to not have had any detox....I was so determined and felt better with each and every day it made me stay the course...At work they have been having employee appreciation month and Every Single Day..There is bagle's, donut's, soft pretzel's, pizza's...You name it Its something every single day out on the tables in the breakroom..I've had some cheese and pepperoni..And 1 time the top of a veggie pizza..(After that top it taught me not to eat that again, I got indigestion)...I have to tell ya and it may be wrong but I stay course by watching others who really "should not" be eating this stuff, "eating it!!!"..I know they know they shouldnt be and I know most are saying after this month I need to start a diet...I DON'T NEED TO SAY THAT...And I love it!!...I love how Im keeping the sugars out and eating real foods that are not making me crave for more sugars...I love knowing Im not having to beat myself up because I ate something I really didnt need to and how I dont have to struggle to get back on the wagon again....I've changed and have for over 1 year now....And so can anyone if I did..I made dieting my life..Now its not...Ive changed my lifestyle of eating and it really does work...
 ;D
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 09:23:31 AM »
Very inspirational Doreen!  Isn't it great to feel good!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
That's fantastic, Doreen!  :) :) :)

I find it sad watching others (some with a LOT fat to lose) eating pizzas, donuts, etc..
But if they refuse to seriously consider the F2S lifestyle, I figure there's not much else I can do.

I hope that as they watch me lose weight, they too will eventually break down and want to live the F2S way!

What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »
very cool Doreen...Yeah, I was one of them..I will have to be honest and say that Umpa/Doug have a lot to do with it.. What has helped me so much is seeing how they have converted those "traditional yummy comfort foods" into healthy yummy foods...  I think it would be harder without the recipes..  That is also why I have such admiration for what they do for all of us..
Alex

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »
That is very true Alex! The moment somebody takes something away from me and says I can't have it,I WANT IT! :D Thats why I love all the substitutions because you are not removing anything from your diet.So once you lose the weight there is nothing to add back to your diet and gain the weight back. :) Thank you for the compliment :)