Author Topic: Does One Bad Sugar Dessert Send Me Back to First Base?  (Read 3278 times)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
Does One Bad Sugar Dessert Send Me Back to First Base?
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
I'm having few good days and then a bad day.  Trying to stay on the FTS program, but Baptists are always eating at every church function -- or it seems like it!  Does one bad sugar dessert send me back to starting all over?
Have a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Does One Bad Sugar Dessert Send Me Back to First Base?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
... Does one bad sugar dessert send me back to starting all over?
Have a great day!

It might Susie!
You can set yourself back into detox phase or (at the very least) slow down or stop your weight loss.

If you have faith in F2S, you must commit to it completely for it to work for you.
That's just how it is... Like any other form of faith, it must be complete to be effective.
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »
Bring a dessert that is fat to skinny friendly.That way you have something that you can eat.Once I bring one of my desserts and the ladies find out how healthy they are it inspires them to make their recipes  healthier.  ;)

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »
I have friends at church that will purposely make something they know I can have. But I always come prepared with my own stuff.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
Stay Sugar Sober!  It can South Carolina Lady, depends on how much sugar you consumed. Think of it this way....ever quit smoking or drinking then "fell off the wagon" Same thing! Once you've broken the hold these substances have on your body and brain it's imperative to stay away from them. Stay Sugar Sober!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
I praise God I have NEVER had a battle/temptation with smoking or alcohol -- but sugar is another story!  I know the book says not to eat SF Russell Stover candy too often (it should be a reward), but is it ok to have it somewhat often if your carb count for the day is still 20 or under and if the candy does not send you to the bathroom from over-indulging?  Some candy could be my "dessert" instead of the "sugar dessert".  I know I should not be putting so much energy thinking about food, and I am trying to change my mindset -- but January, cold weather, etc. -- I'm having a challenging time right now.  Thanks for all the encouraging words and for being there -- just a few key strokes away !!!
Have a great day!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
Hi SouthCarolinaLady!  :)

Sounds to me like you need something to do with your time during the winter months to take your mind off of food.

A BIG part of ANY addiction is the psychological part.
It took much more effort for me to break the mental part of my smoking addiction than it did the physical.
Our sugar addictions are no different.

Take a blank sheet of paper and a pen and write down everything you enjoy doing that can be done indoors.
Then, take a couple of those activities and focus on doing them to pass the time when you have nothing else to do.

Perhaps, doing some volunteer work might help.
It's an excellent way to take one's mind off of oneself!  :)
What you do today is what matters!

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
Thanks mouseissue for your comments.  Believe me -- I am plenty busy with hubby, work, church, 2 grandsons, home, I do volunteer, etc.  I think I am just having one of those "hormonal" days which shall pass soon.  January is ususally a "down" month for me -- I guess because Christmas is over, the house looks empty from all the decorations, the weather is cold, etc.  Thanks for letting me vent !!! Have a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
We all know how you feel/ Make sure you have FTS friendly treats around and then you won't have to worry. Stick them in your purse for church, I keep salad dressing in my purse at times or even pitas. You can do it!!! We are all here for you too.   :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/