Author Topic: Shout out to the SILENT majority!  (Read 10164 times)

owensmath

Shout out to the SILENT majority!
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
Hey, everyone! I know that a lot of you are just reading the posts and not saying much. It's scary at first. I know, and I remember. You are in good hands here. Everyone is like a family. Don't be shy! Just post a little HELLO on this page and see how easy it is. Let's see if my friend at work (Readyforthis) will do it, too! : )

MommaB is my friend from church and she jumped right in and became an active member on the forum! : )
dowensrdu is my mother in law.... quietly reading... never commenting... come on now!!!!!!!!!!

MommaB

• View Profile
Re: Shout out to the SILENT majority!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
I love reading everyone's thoughts on things...gives me such good ideas and it's also encouraging to know that we ALL struggle sometimes! I've NEVER been accused of being silent...guess that goes for on the F2S forum as well!! lol   ;D

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
Sometimes its hard to find the time to just read all the fabulous info on here, never mind post anything!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »
I get a kick out of members who stay silent for 5 or 6 months then pop in and say "Hi...I've been a reader for 5 months and just wanted you to know I've lost 50 pounds!"  That always makes me smile  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
My thoughts are I suck at baking. Now that my mum just had surgery things are really gonna get wonky.  :P

dowensrdu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
My daughter-in-law, owensmath, is such an inspiration to me.  I hit my 10 pound mark this morning.  She keeps me on track  by sharing recipes and motivating me to keep on.  I have  another 60 to lose.  Just trying to take one day at a time, then one week.  Thanks to all of you who share.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny family Dowensrdu!  I am sure by looking at Owensmath you can see first hand that this does work.  She is an inspiration to us all.   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
Welcome dowensrdu!  :) :) :)

We're here for you!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »
Hi Dowensrdu!  Welcome to the forum!  Your daughter-in-law is awesome, and such a wonderul friend to me!  She's the one who told me about FTS too!  We've had the chance to try each other's cooking a couple of times, but I sure wish we lived closer!  I'd be popping in at her house ALL the time!!   ha ha  I know you will enjoy the forum.  Everyone on here is GREAT!   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »
dowensrdu welcome! If i can help you please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife.I am glad you decided to come play with us! :)

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »
I do post occasionally, but I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. I have learned so much just by reading!! Also lost another 3 pounds!! Yea!! I've lost a total of 13 pounds now. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there.
Thanks to everyone!!
Darla

readyforthis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
Well- I guess I missed role call here since owensmath posted this in January.  I will chime in here though because I have something grand to share.  Today was my official write it down weigh in and I officially weigh LESS than I have weighed in 7 years (since my first visit when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter).  Thank you owensmath for patiently waiting on me to come around.  I am so thankful that I finally listened to your calm but persistent coaching.  I am so glad that you are there each day for advice, to share bulk orders and to walk with me on days that we can.

Another great thing- I was digging in my closet and found a bra that I didn't know I owned so I am not sure how long I HAVEN'T been able to wear it and a pair of shorts that are a size SMALLER than I have been wearing.  Of course I changed clothes and put them both on!! :)

My weight is coming off slowly but surely and I am finally beginning to that energy and "good feeling" that many of you have written about.  Thank you all for your endless support, suggestions and recipes!!

I am so excited about FTS that I am sure others around me are tired of hearing me (including my husband who has a metabolism that is unbelievable and can eat 50 carbs for breakfast).  My mother in law was at my house this week and was talking about how she just couldn't pass up a bakery this week because she was craving some chocolate.  I walked her to the kitchen and introduced her to Russell.  I handed her a Russell Stover Vanilla Caramel that is 0 carbs.  She could not believe that such things exist-- thanks to many of your comments I was able to show her that there is a substitute for almost EVERYTHING!  I opened the fridge and then started showing her all the items I had been able to find.  I think maybe I was a bit overwhelming to her and I told her to check out this forum.

I am enjoying my journey from FTS and NO I am not missing carbs (a friend asked me this week if I was not tired of this yet).  I am eating better than I have EVER eaten and my family is beginning to enjoy the variety of vegetables that we are having.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS FORUM!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
That is great Readyforthis!!  WTG!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
I am so happy for you readyforthis :) It seems that you picked the correct forum name!  ::) ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
I am so happy for YOU Readyforthis!!   I am only here too because Owensmath sweetly continued to mention this lifestyle to me and she kept posting tidbits about it on FB (love her!).  I actually only purchased the Ebook out of curiosity!  ha ha    .......and I have never looked back since then!