Author Topic: EASY open face egg sandwich.  (Read 6692 times)

zuiderdamm

• View Profile
EASY open face egg sandwich.
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
Here's a really easy recipe for an open face egg sandwich. My fiancee (Doug's son) and I have a 10 month old, so we don't have a lot of time to make meals from scratch. This comes out tasting almost like eggs benedict, only without having to make the time consuming hollandaise sauce. I call it 'bachelor food' because it's quick and easy to make and my fiancee loves it!

Makes 2 servings in about 5 minutes flat.

2 slices of low carb bread. We use this: http://www.samisbakery.com/products/low-carb/detail.cfm?id=10 but you can use any brand or even bake it yourself. (4 carbs)
4 eggs (around 2 or 3 carbs)
2 slices of cheese. We use muenster, but any kind will do.
2 slices of lunch meat. We usually use turkey or ham, but you can get fancy with salami, prosciutto, etc.
2 tbsp of mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Toast the bread. Fry the eggs to your preference (we like ours runny so we can soak up the yolk with the bread). When the eggs are almost done, in the pan, throw the lunch meat and cheese right on top until the cheese melts. Spread the mayo on the bread (this is where the hollandaise taste comes in. I know it sounds strange, but trust me, it's great!). Then put 2 eggs topped with the meat and cheese right on top of each piece of bread.

There are many variations of this breakfast. You could even add some veggies, such as sliced tomatoes or some spinach. and the best thing about it is it's only about 3 carbs per serving!

beebs

• View Profile
Re: EASY open face egg sandwich.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
Is that the slim trim lavash or the millet flax lavash you're using?

zuiderdamm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
It's not lavash. It's the Low Carb 7 Grain Fiber bread.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »
Ahh okey dokey.