Author Topic: Mock Cinnamon Twists/Puffs  (Read 5796 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Mock Cinnamon Twists/Puffs
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
Do you miss having cinnamon twists or puffs from the fast food restaurants or grocery store.  I have been trying several different ideas and finally found a very simple solution that you won't believe.

Take a plate full of plain, unflavored pork rinds....yes I said pork rinds.  Melt some butter in the microwave and pour over the pork rind tops. 

Mix cinnamon and a sugar substitute like Truvia or Stevia.  Sprinkle over the the tops of the buttered pork rinds.

Walla!  You have your own cinnamon puffs.

Note:  I thought I had come up with something new but while I was looking for images for this post I saw someone else had posted a recipe on a recipe site.  Well you know what they say...."great minds think alike" and "necessity is the mother of invention".
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

owensmath

Re: Mock Cinnamon Twists/Puffs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:52:27 AM »
I bet it was Katary - King of the Pork Rinds - who came up with it before. I recall him writing about a baked recipe like this before.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »
I tried Garys and they had a good taste but I could not get them to saty crunchy ,and there is nothing worse then a soggy porkskin  :P :P :P

I would like to how to make the stay crunchy ,Izzet was yours soggy ? They sound yummy

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:26:34 AM »
I made jicama chips and put cinammon/touch of xylitol on them one time and they were outstanding! CRISPY!!! SWEET!!! all in one..... yummy

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »
No they stayed crunchy.  I didn't soak them in butter just drizzled enough over the top to wet them so the cinnamon/sweetner stuck to it.  I also ate them right away.  I would only make enough to eat then.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!