Author Topic: Worried about recipes...  (Read 13105 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Worried about recipes...
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »
Okay, so I've ordered the book and I'm waiting on it to come in, so I'm very new and fresh at this. Basically, I'm a vegan, a pretty strict one. I was vegetarian (or so I thought) eating nothing with meat in the label on it, problem was I didn't cook from scratch and didn't realize all the hidden words for meat and animal by product. I became a vegan due to health concerns about 7 months ago, I lost 40lbs in 3 months...went from 280-285 to 240. I'm stuck at 240. I know I eat A LOT of sugar because I eat a lot of fruit and carbs...I know this is why I'm still overweight. I want to lose 60 more pounds. My friend, that has lost 45 pounds by reading your book and on your diet referred me to you, so here I am. My only concern is that I'm vegan...so of course no meat, eggs, or dairy. Is this diet possible for me to follow, or would it be dangerous to my health? Do you have any recommendations...or specialized chapters or books for vegetarians and vegans? Thanks...looking forward to a slimmer me, healthier me, less sugar me!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

joagain

Re: Worried about recipes...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
here is the post for vegan recipes and welcome to the forum . also congrats on the weight loss so far !

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=29.0

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »
Thank you! And thank you for the help and reply! I'm still trying to figure out this forum!  :P
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
You will find everybody is helpful on the forum . Doug The FTS man himself and his wife Umpa come on the forum  everyday and answer our  questions ! Will not get that kind of help and advice anywhere else .

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
Thanks everyone, slightly OT, but I can't seem to get a picture to come up here...any suggestions?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum family TabyandZayBaby!  Good luck with your journey to the new healthy, slim you!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
Thank you!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 07:46:40 PM »
Welcome to the family :) when you get a chance buy the product guide download, it has a good vegan section which will introduce you to lots of new products. http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com  The key for you will be to get rid of the fructose and all the starch I know you're eating....don't worry we'll work it out.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:15:26 PM »
Thank you! Thankfully, I have a small head start in that I avoid HFCS...so that helps. Where do I buy the product download food guide...if that's what it was called...can't remember!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 07:48:24 AM »
Just look to the top of this page, under your name, it says "buy books here". 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
Oh yes, the big blue flashing thing...I thought that was just for the regular FTS book! I already bought that one. I'll check thanks! Has anyone had problems posting a profile pic on here? I keep trying and after I click change profile, there still is no pic.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
Here is Doug's directions.  You need to have 10 posts before you can add your picture.  If after that it still doesn't work, your picture may be too big.  Just check out his instructions:  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=35.0

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »
Thanks so much! That is sooooo helpful!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Welcome TabyandZayBaby  ! My name umpa,i am dougs wife.I would like to know alittle more about you before i give you advice.Why are you a vegetarian?You said it was medical?
I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If i can help please ask. :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 10:49:51 AM »
HI Umpa! Well, I have been hospitalized around 15 times in 12 years. The doctors can't seem to find out what is wrong. It's mostly digestive...I would have abdominal cramps that are almost exactly like contractions when you are half way through labor. It was awful...no rhyme or reason when it would hit or how long it would last. I tried no gluten, didn't help, tried no dairy, didn't help, I've had both my galbladder and appendix go bad on me and they've both been removed. Nothing helped. I adapted a vegan diet and the symptoms stopped. However, even before I was vegan, my immune system is comparable to someone with HIV, although I don't have HIV or AIDS. I'm very immuno-suppressant but I have no insurance so they've only done some testings. They thought it was autoimmune, but the autoimmune tests came back negative. It's been considered possible Ulcerative Colitis...they want to do a colonoscopy but since I have no insurance...I get no colonoscopy. That's where I'm at. My immune system is so bad I've been hospitalized and almost died from poison ivy, and a cold sore that started on my lip. I hope that helps. Being vegan, I haven't had any pain or issues so far, and I've been vegan for around 7-8 months and I lost around 40 pounds just from dietary change from vegetarian to vegan because even though I thought I was vegetarian, I didn't really know some of the ingredients in the food I was eating had hidden animal by-product. Now I'm extremely careful and strict and life is better...but I want to lose some more weight. So that is about it and that's my story :)