Author Topic: Worried about recipes...  (Read 13407 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Worried about recipes...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »
Wow, I feel for you  :-[ Here's my starting advice. Look at what you're currently eating now and try decreasing the higher carb foods and increasing the lower carb foods. List your food items and let's take a look.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »
My heart  goes out to you. About 10 years ago I was having serious seizures and went in for allergy testing. Beef and Pork were the culprits.Not the meat,but the chemicals(preservatives) they put in it so it could stay on the grocery store shelves for long term.It was a challenge.After about 5 years i accidently ate some ground meat (i thought was  deer sausage) and it was beef.I was in a panic but had no symptoms.The body is a amazing machine! However puzzling?? :D I say whatever works right now thats the plan to keep you out of pain.
There is a section on the forum for vegetarian recipes,earlier this year I was working with women who were breast cancer survivors who couldn't eat soy and they were vegetarians.Do you eat soy?Post what foods you are eating here and Doug and I will help you.I can convert just about anything :) Removing sugar from your body will help you alot.Stick to the lowest carb foods and keep it under 20 a day and no matter what you are eating you will lose.Any questions please ask ,thats what we are here for. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
Thanks you all! I appreciate it! Well, I have a photoblog on Facebook called, "What do vegans eat?" and I can tell you I eat a lot of whole grain pasta, texmati brown rice from time to time, Ezekiel bread, Earth Balance Almond and Peanut butter, Cascadian Farms cereals, granola, coconut milk and soy milk, I do eat soy, but not in whole form, like maybe soy milk with something but I don't drink it, just cook with it, I eat a lot of potatoes, but I hate sweet potatoes so it's all the other kind. I know that's all mainly full of sugar  :'( . The good thing is I only drink 3 things, Simply Orange Juice with fortified calcium and vitamin D (lots of sugar I know) and cranberry juice, and water...lots of sugar in the cranberry juice too I'm sure. I know sugar is my fat enemy. I do eat all veggies except avacado, onions, and mushrooms (HATE THOSE) and I've tried to like artichoke heart, but I just can't stand it. Everything else is game. I eat lots and lots of tomatoes, just about in every form, lots of vinegar....and that's pretty much it. Sometimes tacos with Garden of Eaten organic taco kit that's vegan and some frozen Amy's meals and amy's chili from time to time, and I love all beans. Okay...break it to me gently  :o
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
 whole grain pasta, texmati brown rice   Ezekiel bread,  Cascadian Farms cereals, granola
All these are horrible!
, coconut milk and soy milk, I do eat soy, but not in whole form, like maybe soy milk with something but I don't drink it, just cook with it,
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk at one carb a cup is a good replacement

I eat a lot of potatoes, but I hate sweet potatoes so it's all the other kind. I know that's all mainly full of sugar

. The good thing is I only drink 3 things, Simply Orange Juice with fortified calcium and vitamin D (lots of sugar I know) and cranberry juice, and water...lots of sugar in the cranberry juice too I'm sure. I know sugar is my fat enemy
Juices are pure sugar there is no reason to drink them.My grandsons doctor told his mother kids don't need juice,its just sugar.

. I do eat all veggies except avacado, onions, and mushrooms (HATE THOSE) and I've tried to like artichoke heart, but I just can't stand it. Everything else is game. I eat lots and lots of tomatoes, just about in every form, lots of vinegar....and that's pretty much it. Sometimes tacos with Garden of Eaten organic taco kit that's vegan and some frozen Amy's meals and amy's chili from time to time, and I love all beans.

Replace your veggies with dougs list in the fat to skinny diet book.Taco shells with romaine leaves or low carb tortillas.Beans are black soy beans . I find almost all vegetarians are carb addicts.There sugars are through the roof!Everything you eat is pure sugar.Which is wicked hard on your body to process.Lets clean you out and start over.I will help you every step of the way.Soon it will be second nature.Time to detox from sugar.It will take about two weeks then you will feel like a millon bucks!

Rena

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Glad to see you here, Des. I know you can do this!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »
Thanks Rena! I'm so glad you referred me! I can't wait to get my book...is there anyway to see the messages previously posted when there aren't any new ones...when I try to view the page as I'm seeing it now with everyone's comments, I can't unless there's a new comment...does that make sense? And I'd like to see them for encouragement from time to time.

Umpa it's great to hear from you! I am still waiting to get my book, I ordered it sometime ago, I'm just waiting to get it! I will definitely have more questions once I get into it I'm sure.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:48:20 PM by TabyandZayBaby »
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
Just scoll up to the word "HOME" in red.  From the home page you can go anywhere.  Either go through the topics or if you can remember some key words you can type them into the search bar.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:31:39 PM »
Thank you!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Okay...it finally let me add a ticker, but it won't let me add a picture...any advise? I've posted 12 times.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
Rena welcome back! ;D

Rena

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »
Thanks, Umpa!  :)

joagain

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »
TabyandZayBaby  yeah you finally got your pic on !!!!!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »
YES!!!  :D I finally got a pic, it's not the one I wanted, but the current ones are too big and I couldn't resize them :(....I STILL haven't got my book yet, but I'm worried I won't be able to do it...I've been looking at how many carbs I'm consuming, and well, to be honest....it isn't pretty...over a 100 sometimes!! EEEEK  :o I don't know what foods have carbs naturally, what don't, recipes without them...I'm SOOO overwhelmed and lost...and I'm just trying to believe that once I get my book, this will change. I'm just discouraged a little right now.

joagain

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
if you just stick to  cheese & veggies and seafood if you eat that . The book will really help you you will have it and finish it in a day . It will make it all much easier to understand . Dont discouraged before you even start .

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't eat cheese or seafood...no animal product or by product...including eggs, seafood, dairy, lard, honey...etc. Pretty much just whole grains, fruit, veggies, beans, and rice. Once you remove the carbs from that...it leaves me with just veggies I think :( it doesn't seem possible for me. But you're right, I won't give up until I read the book...but it's hard for me to grasp what in the world I will be able to eat.