Author Topic: Worried about recipes...  (Read 13405 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Worried about recipes...
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:24 AM »
You will be fine and we will help you.We have complete vegans on this plan. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
Thanks Umpa!!! I'm going through a lot of emotions right now about losing weight...excited, nervous, anxious, and worried. I'm irritated I haven't gotten my book yet...I'm going to call the store I ordered it through to see where it's at. Hope to get started soon! Have a blessed and great and warm day!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »
YAY!!!! My book came in! I will buy it tonight...let the war on sugar begin!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

joagain

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
Go Girl !

Rena

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
Perhaps you could try to add non-vegan foods in slowly and see how you react to them. Not sure if that's possible or not, but it might be worth a try. Good luck!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
 :P No way Rena LOL...I can never go back...I haven't out right eaten meat in over 14 years...can't stand the stuff...totally freaks me out, so the only non-vegan things I ate were dairy and cheese, and I don't want anything to do with those either now :) but I'm sure that someone will have some suggestions, and I just picked up my book so hopefully it will have something in there about it, or someone on here will have some wisdom about it, surely Doug and Umpa will, and if you Rena, can think of any good veggies or fruit that is "allowed" or sugar-carb friendly that you know of, I would love to hear about it, a recipe with veggies...on FB or here, I check both. So excited to start...I can already feel a smaller me :D

Rena

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »
I'm not eating a lot of fruit at the moment, although I'll add some back in gradually once I reach my goal and am maintaining. There's a pretty good list of veggies in Doug's book and a lot of them are low carbs. I'm not drinking milk right now other than almond milk. It's carb-free and I love it, so that's been a great new addition for me. It is only 35 calories per cup, which sure beats the regular 70 in other milk. Jimaca is a great alternative to potatoes if you like that sort of thing.

I hope you can make this program work for you. I don't know much about vegetarian diets, but it sounds like Doug & Umpa are willing to help you along, which is great. Cutting out the sugar is just what I needed in my life. Now that I look back, so many of my problems have been sugar related and not just about weight -- my teeth especially. I can't undo the damage I've caused them, but at least I can work on all the other issues. My next step is getting off this stupid high blood pressure medicine, which makes me really dizzy whenever I stand up fast. I hate that.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes open for veggie ideas for you!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
Thanks Rena! I've actually never had jicama! But I do love potatoes...not the sweet ones though. So you can add carbs back after a while? I'm scared I'd gain weight back? Well, I got the book tonight so hopefully I can start reading. It is great to know Doug and Umpa take the time to check on us and write us and help us out, that is so wonderful. I look forward to gaining knowledge about my health and weight! Love you Rena!

joagain

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 06:14:47 AM »
In 4- 5 months you want even be eating the 20 carbs . I know that is hard to believe but if you look at everyones meal plan there are just a few days that they go to 20 . I know it is hard to believ now but it will happen !

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »
Thank you! I can't wait to start...losing weight does feel great!!!

Rena

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
Yes, I agree about staying close to 20. I very rarely eat 20 carbs per day now. I will, however, add more fruits and vegetables in, since I believe they are vital to overall good health. You just have to pay attention to how much you eat and try to keep everything in balance. Most of my weight was put on with my 4 pregnancies and I simply ate enough to keep me up at that level. I'm pretty confident I can maintain once I reach my goal. That's where the extra 5 pounds gives you a little leeway and if you start going up, you just get really strict again.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
So it's 20 grams a day...I am starting the book tomorrow, so I haven't read it yet. Thank you Rena for being such a great friend and inspiration, thank you for referring me here and helping me, thank you for your time! I appreciate you. I feel empowered coming.